Those coming from the DInc

Last Updated:

1. johnnyc418

johnnyc418 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I currently own a DInc and am contemplating switching to the Droid X. I wanted to know what those of you who owned a DI, but got rid of it for the DX think. Are you happy? Should I just stick with my DI?

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I made the switch and glad I did. The Dinc is a super device but the X has more features I like better. The screen is beautiful to type on plus looks better than the Dinc did. I like the moto ui better than sense has some cool features like resizing widgets for one. You should go to a store and play with one to see for yourself.

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I also switched and i like the larger screen it makes it so much easier to text on and when browsing the web or watching videos. It was also faster then my inc but i agree with the above post i would go to the store and play with one see how you like it

4. johnnyc418

How is the battery compared to the DI? Will there be an extended battery for the DX?

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

The battery on the X is so much better i can actually make it easily through a whole day without it dying on me. And they are supposed to release an extended battery in aug for the X

6. caeb

caeb Active Member

The screen is reason enough...the size is amazing. And the battery lasts long enough to actually use the phone. I loved my Incredible...but the X is even better.

And the size is a non issue unless you wear nuthugger pants. People with an Incredible criticizing the X's size are simply downgrading the competition to make their choice appear better. You'll love the size.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  7. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Most depends on what you like, so subjective- especially size. Media fans will appreciate the extra size more than others. I think the Inc image display is better, but I like the extra size of the X for browsing and games. Call quality is better on the X too.

On the other hand, I prefer Sense UI and Inc audio is much better from both the external speaker and especially the 3.5mm output. I also like being able to hotswap sd cards.

Signal reception is virtually identical for both.

For me, the good and bad net out for both (tie) so I will keep the Inc until the dual core LTE devices release later on.

8. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

I am MORE than happy with my X. Should you stick with D.I.? I say no, but the decision is ultimately up to you. Go play on the Droid X. ;)
    There is no competition. The X wins, hands down. Yes on an extended battery, coming later this summer.
    I don't know that I will need one after all my great battery life since July 15th.

9. Ejay

Ejay Member

I snagged up the DINC the morning it was released and it is truly an incredible device. I also grabbed a DX the same morning it was released. SO I currently own both devices though I handed the INC to the wife!

I love the X and it is one awesome devise and frankly it took awhile to adjust my grip to the width of the X. It is still a handful. But it effectively bridges the gap between a phone and a computing device because of the screen size. I love the real estate.

Now, I have it highly customized with LauncherPro + and Fancy Widget for the sense like weather clock widget and it pretty much is set up like the Incredible now. I installed Dialer one and frankly it gives you the smart dialing feel of the HTC sense also.

Now, I just discovered that the sense UI is more than widgets and launcher on the device. There is a deeper integration with the browser applications that to my amazement the browsers on the X are not as intuitive and functional as the browsers running on the sense devise. This was an eye popping moment. I have installed on the both the Incredible and DX the following browsers, Dolphin HD (paid), xScope (paid) the stock Android browser, Opera, Skyfire. The Incredible is superior in this department handsdown!

Selecting text and highlighting text within each browser is far better on the Incredible and I suspect is indicates a deeper integration of the sense that a lot of people are not commenting on. Widgets and launchers are fine but frankly I wish I can get the same browser feel of the DINC on the DX.

Other than that I am very happy with the On another note I just grabbed an unlocked Nexus One on the last day google still had it and just activated it and it immediately upgraded to froyo 2.2! I have not played with it yet. Just charged it and left it alone for now. Will see how it feels with froyo compared with the X.

I ran the quadrant benchmark test on the Inc and the X and the results were astonishing. The X beat out all comers except the Nexus one running 2.2.

Anyways.. my .02c on the X and the DINC.

10. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

I used an Incredible for around 3 weeks before I returned it for the X. In a nutshell, Droid X blows the Droid Incredible away. Better build quality, better battery life, better in sunlight, better call quality, gets better reception in the same places, significantly more processing power(extremely noticeable in 3D games), takes better pictures and video. All kinds of little things you'll slowly notice that are nice such as the camera button and how nicely the battery door comes on and off compared with the Incredible.

The default UI on the Droid X makes the app drawer and screen switching appear to be a bit laggy, but it's not really a big deal and if it does bother you then you can run Launcher Pro which makes it smooth as butter.

11. lilcal70

lilcal70 Well-Known Member

i made the switch from the incredible x& i will never look back the screen is amazing the features are out of this world.. i absolutely love the x..i really thought that a phone couldn't get better than the incredible but i was wrong ha i would recommend this phone to anyone it's really a technological piece of art :)

12. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Agree with you the incredible was an awesome phone and the X is an even better phone

13. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

The Incredible was great, it's one of the best devices you can buy. Like others have said, what you want in phone is different than what others want. For me personally, the DX is pretty close to perfect(minus the bootloader). There are a few things I miss about the Inc, but nothing to make me regret picking up the DX. The screen is amazing, battery life is about as good as you can get from a device with this much power and I actually kind of like Blur(or whatever they are calling it) with it's resizable widgets. All in all, they are both great phones that each offer different user experiences.

14. Cheeba

Cheeba Member

Had the Dinc since launch day. Loved the phone. When the X came out I had to have the larger screen & hdmi output.

I miss the colors and blacks of the amoled screen on the Inc. (too bad the new batch of Inc. screens will be lcd) and I think the UI runs a bit smoother than the X.

With that being said, I must declare that I LOVE THIS PHONE ! It's like having a mini tablet pc instead of a phone. I was outside of my 30 day return policy so I paid someone $150 plus my phone for a new X. I don't regret it one bit (only paid $99 for the Inc).

In addition to the screen size I also like that it supports DLNA for streaming to my xbox, ps3 & pc. Once 2.2 is released (on the X before the inc I think) I believe the interface will run smoother and the phone will only get better.

As much as I liked the inc I could not go back to it from the X. My wife has the iphone 4 and while the display is nice, a 3.5 inch screen just won't cut it for me anymore.

15. johnnyc418

In order for me to get the DX I would have use the last upgrade in our family plan. I'm a little hesitant to do this, as we wont have another upgrade for almost two years. I love the screen on the DX and for the most part that's the only reason I'm considering this switch. The only thing that turns me down is the lack of front facing camera.

16. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Also had my inc 3 weeks. You pretty much said what I would have.

I was very worried about out bring too big, but after using it for a week now, I'm handling it just fine. It fits fine in my pocket and out doesn't really look as obscenely large as I originally thought. Even with my small hands I can still swype one handed (barely) if I have to.