those of u who dont use a phone case...

Last Updated:

1. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those of you who don't have a case on your phone, when putting your phone down on a table or any surface, which side touches the table? The camera side or screen side? Any recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

I put mine camera side down, and I always put it on top of something like a magazine or paper or whatever is on the table, I don't just slap it on the hard surface. Plus you can see the screen that way. :)

3. swazey

swazey Well-Known Member

no case here but i do use a pouch i got off sebay for 99cents! look for oem htc evo pouch. leather on the outside, which i use to place the phone on and microfiber on the inside

4. nyczducky

nyczducky Active Member

Do what I did before I got my case: Use the Kickstand.

5. Brenden

Brenden Member

kickstand

6. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

very gently set it on the camera side (if there are any papers or such on the table I put it on top of something)

7. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Kickstand, paper, or back in my pouch. I don't use a case or screen protector.

8. bullshark

bullshark New Member

I use a invisible shield on front and back but I always put the phone face down..

9. jerzeywill

jerzeywill Well-Known Member

I don't use a case. You can hold this phone anyway you want without blocking antenna lol. No pun at iPhone. Lol.

10. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

I ordered my phone case before i even got the phone as i did with all my previous phones i couldnt stand putting it down somewhere naked....Especially when the re-sell value of this phone is gonna be super high....When that time comes of course

11. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

O yea sure lol:rolleyes:

12. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

Screen side down if it's prolong down time, camera for a quicky...

I do it because the speaker is on the back, you can muffle the sound if it's on the camera side... I always charge my phone with screen down on my bed when I'm sleeping... The ringer volume is day and night when covered...

13. jerzeywill

jerzeywill Well-Known Member

Lmao couldn't resist that one. It's funny that Apple didn't use Evo or Droid X or Motorolla Droid to show antenna issues.

14. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Camera side so on the back I use invisible shield too cause the phone is big already so not need of case I do have a belt pouch cause getting out my pocket at work is too much hassle

15. baseballjones18

baseballjones18 New Member

i just slapped a screen protector on the front, front camera, and back camera.(i just cut out a little circle) and it has saved me so many times. there are a ton of scratches on the screen protector

16. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I got a little rubber pad at work to set it on my desk face up, and face down at night on the screen so it doesn't wake me up with messages... :)

17. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I am ultra careful.With my phone and my kickstand is all scratched up. Didn't realize it till i was in the car and the sun was beaming down in it. Luckily No scratches on the camera lense. I thought i had to baby my pre but this phone i find being even more cautious.

18. Dukester619

Dukester619 Member

I am super careful with my phone and I have had a Seidio Active Limited case on my phone since week one. I also had full body Ghost Armour installed while I was waiting for my case because I wanted screen protection as well. I leave it face down because the case has a rubber lip that keeps it from sitting directly on the glass plus the screen protector is always a good second defense. I still managed to break the camera glass somehow. All I can figure is that I must have leaned against something that hit right between the rubber/hard plastic collar while it was in my pocket.

I will be taking it in to the Sprint store tomorrow to see if they will repair it for free, otherwise I have the insurance and I will have to pay the $100 deductible to get it replaced. Right now I am debating whether I should talk to Seido and try to get them to upgrade me to a Rugged case after I relate my story to them.

So back to the topic, after this experience I would never consider going naked now.

[​IMG]

19. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

Ouch dude sorry to see your camera cracked. That's in such a crucial area too. I have the same case as you and I love it. But seeing how yours still got damaged with it on makes me second guess how I treat my phone lol.

20. Dukester619

Dukester619 Member

I was loving the case too and I felt the phone was as protected as it needed to be with the kind of use I do with the phone. I guess you can never tell when something random like this can happen.

21. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

I dont always put down my phone, but when I do, I prefer camera side down.
    [​IMG]

polkadots likes this.
  22. Sim-X

Sim-X Well-Known Member

I try to put my down on the camera side, I also try to set my on paper or magazine or something. I have tried cases with other phones and always end up taking them off. I got this new soft cup holder for my car, evo fits in there just perfect.

23. Sim-X

Sim-X Well-Known Member

nice, that's awesome

24. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

kickstand

25. error411

error411 New Member

Camera side down.

[​IMG]