Those told of Aug 3rd shipment date...

Last Updated:

1. TaylorsCock

TaylorsCock Active Member This Topic's Starter

my droid x was shipped today. I was told Aug 3rd. So keep looking up!!
    a little other info that might be helpful. I actually used my wifes upgrade to get the extra $100 credit. Her line is the main line on our account.
    Verizon did a very good job of explaining how to get the phone transferred to my line when activating. It is very simple.
    Also, I'm a current blackberry user. I have already put on my contact info on my gmail account., So, it should be an easy task to get all my contact info and calendar on the droidx.

Advertisement
    newell2511 likes this.
  2. Booya

Booya Well-Known Member

I just ordered one today via online. Fingers crossed it will be shipped out soon.

3. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

Those dates are will ship by dates, not actual ship dates. You'll more than likely get it sooner.

Its worth the wait.

4. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

What he said.

5. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

Mine shows picked up for shipping today(7/25) with an expected delivery date of 7/27. It was ordered on the 22nd through the online store.

6. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

same here. ordered my replacement on 7/22 and fedex says i will have it on the 27th. I was originally told the 3rd.

7. homerjrules

homerjrules Well-Known Member

What the heck!? mine also picked up today, but expected delivery date is 28th. I'm so jealous.

8. eddie33081

eddie33081 Well-Known Member

I ordered on the 20th with a Aug 3 ship date. Received shipping confirmation on Friday. Will be delivered tomorrow the 26th.

Im in Southern Cali.

9. CGNY87

CGNY87 Well-Known Member

SOB.. i ordered mine over the phone (had to do some haggling to get a early upgrade) on the 22nd. Still now shipping info. Im a little impatient as my current phone is not working lol

Where are u located? From what I can tell the northeastern US is getting them slower

10. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

Ordered on July 22. Just got e-mail notification that it has shipped today from Memphis. Should be here by Wednesday. I'm located in Chicago.

11. weems

weems Active Member

That's good news! I am in Statesboro so hopefully mine will ship sometime next week! I ordered mine on the 23rd.

12. Petre21

Petre21 Member

I'm also located in Chicago. I ordered on the 20th and got my notification today too, and mine should be here Wednesday. I can't wait!

13. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

My replacement shipped out today too. Hopefully wifi will work with the new one.

14. ash042679

ash042679 Member

Ordered mine on the 23rd, hopefully get an email with the shipping information tomorrow, I am excited to check the device out!!

15. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Well-Known Member

I walked into a verizon store today and ordered one. i was told it would ship by Aug 4th ... but i expect it will be sooner. i can't wait:)!!!

i wish i had an order number so i could follow-up online ...

16. yellowsub821

yellowsub821 Member

Same situation right here... my rep told me to email him in a few days with the order number on the receipt and he'll check if it ships for me and give me the tracking code.

17. thekingof118

thekingof118 Member

Ordered mine over the phone on the 20th... Just got shipping confirmation!!!! Est delivery is the 28th!!!!

There is hope guys!!!!!! Good luck getting your phones!!!!

18. BRM10984

BRM10984 Well-Known Member

Well, there are now officially people who ordered after me who are shipping- but I'm not surprised. It's pretty evident that their various sales channels are not integrated, so ordering one way as opposed to another at a certain point in time will cause you to have a longer wait than if you'd ordered the other way... like when I pull up at the wrong drive-thru line at the bank. SOB.

LOL

19. Footman

Footman Member

Yes, just notified that mine has shipped even though it was officially meant to ship out on 3 Aug....

Good news...

20. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

exactly, and it depends on your location too... I'm still waiting on mine to ship i ordered online on the release date...

21. newell2511

newell2511 Active Member

I ordered mine on the 23rd also, have you heard anything back on yours yet like an order confirmation or anything? I figure since we ordered on the verge of the weekend we might not hear anything till monday.

22. weems

weems Active Member

Nope, but I am getting really anxious. I hate how verizon phones are always out of stock at launch.

23. bmwrin1990

bmwrin1990 Member

I ordered mine at a store on 7/22 and it ships tomorrow the 27th...i was shocked when i call customer service and they told me :)
    I live in central Indiana

24. BRM10984

BRM10984 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in Memphis... so that's really not a concern for me. ;)

But...

The BS part of it is that they ship it two-day when I could really go pick it up at the DC or at a FedEx location. When I ordered my CrapBerry Storm, it sat in a container at MEM for two days just so they didn't over-deliver on their SLA with Verizon. I was even able to tell them which container ID and the expected time at the sort facility (which is when I'd requested I be able to collect the shipment), and they wouldn't allow it.

In that sense, I'd rather not receive an e-mail stating that it's shipped. If it just shows up, I won't have to be taunted with it sitting in a container for two days.