Those who think 2.1 is a luxury we are not promised

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

You guys should have no problems paying full retail price for a new phone to get 2.1 and then paying full retail price again to get 2.5 right? I mean, since upgrading the OS on an Android phone is a luxury and Sprint doesnt have to offer it, you should be fine with paying about $1200-$1500 a year on phones to have access to the latest improvements to the OS and the newest apps right?

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

You still whining about this? lol

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

The thread title is very misleading when compared with the post....

That being said, I'll play nice. I don't think Sprint/HTC/anyone should be required to upgrade firmware. I do however think it would be nice if they offered it for, let's say; $20.

However, seeing as Sprint AND HTC have said they'll upgrade us to 2.1, I am glad and would be PISSED if they changed their mind. I would consider this a promise. Remember though, regardless of how much we would like it, it is up to them when to give it to us.

4. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

for real shut the hell up about this already. if android wants to compete against iphone they will release updated OS's. if they don't android is just diggin its own ditch [Mod: edited for language]

5. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

Frankly, I would prefer that Sprint/HTC continue to offer alternatives that can be provided in a cost effective manner. If they made the corporate decision to support the latest OS within a certain number of days after release it would be really nice, but the phone I got for $150 (with a contract) could be $300 to cover their additional expenses in development and other costs. No thanks, I'll upgrade later, bypass instant gratification and upgrade my phone more often.

6. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

A month ago mbell was bragging how fast his phone was and was all against rooting and custom roms

My how times have changed.

7. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]These are not allowed!

8. NYCHitman1

I think someone should order a waaaburger and some french cries and FedEx it to this guy.

9. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I know I am just feeding the troll, but I can't help it, he is so cute!

Another point based on the OP's comments in other threads...

I have heard, and believe it to be true based on my own observation that a salesman will tell you whatever he needs to tell you to close the sale.

If a person in a Sprint store, a car lot, or K-mart tells you something, and it must be true in order for the product to be useful to you, get it in writing or walk away. In the internet age, if someone researches their purchase at all, they are lilely to know as much as the sales person. In fact, as has been shown in many threads in this forum, the customer sometimes knows more...

10. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

11. NYCHitman1

12. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

He like anyone else is free to change their minds. He is also free to complain about being promised something which hasn't been delivered. There isn't a reason to discuss the matter in a more friendly way than going off on the guy.

If his post bothers any one of you, report it, but by cursing and being disrespectful your selves isn't making matters any better.

As for the topic at hand, about posts addressing the issue of the update not getting here sooner, it is in Sprint hands and the developers are still on it. Proof of the matter is the 2.1 roms floating around that were leaked. Its still not 100% so i rather they get it 100% than shipping it out and having tons of bugs.

Keeping one thread on the matter is also a good idea. having numerous threads about it just clutters the forum. my 2 cents.

TS out

13. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

You're right... It's just gets real annoying to see the same thread topics opened up again and again. Sometimes by the same user. Like finding a book you have already read with a new cover at the store.

Anyway... I would LOVE to see the "Dislike" tag attached to a users profile, so just like the Thanks, we could possibly Thank/Dislike users for their posts without making it personal ;)

==========================================================

MBell, nothing personal, ok, you're just beating a dead horse that's already been beaten to a unrecognizable lump massed on the floor. Every time you hit it with the bat, a storm of flies pop off and buzz around and the maggots go shooting in every direction. It gets revolting after a while.

hahahaha... So be gentle with us who have weak stomachs, ok :eek:

Regards!
    :cool:

14. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

The constant complainers on this forum have brought it upon themselves. Defend them if you want, but they deserve every bit of it. We all have the same phones and deal with similiar issues.

There is nothing worse than reading post from spoiled people whining how bad they have it with the Sprint Hero! Mine is only worth 1 1/2 cents.

Instead of complaining, ask for help, call Sprint, email HTC. Try to root and install custom ROM. Still no resolve to your problem? Tons of other carriers out there to choose from.

FLAME ON!!!!!

15. twospirits

16. NYCHitman1

17. acp

acp Well-Known Member

18. NYCHitman1

Such a tease but soooo not likely. I still stand by a mid-May release.

19. twospirits

Don't shoot the messenger, i am just giving the linky. They are the ones claiming the 16th.

Only time will tell.

TS out

20. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

21. scottmbolt

Notice how all of the dates have the upgrade coming out on a Friday. There is always something fishy about a claimed update coming out on a Friday.

22. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

That's because it gives the site that was wrong the weekend to come up with an excuse as to why they were wrong.

23. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

Dude, its a phone. 20 years ago we lost our minds when the bag part of the phone was no longer needed.

If you had this...you were one of the cool kids :D

[​IMG]

Custom shops made TONS of money finding slick little compartments to HIDE your CAR PHONE (yeah it was stationary device).

24. scottmbolt

Its not "just a phone" anymore. Its a device that almost everyone carries in their pockets, or their sides, or in their purses. Cell phones are a way of life now, and the advancement of these devices is absurdly rapid. I don't know if you ever owned one of those "bag" phones, but I did. Had to put a antenna on the car via magnet just to make it work, LOL. That seemed like just yesterday, paying $3.00 a minute.

25. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

That is some funny $hit. Thank you for the laugh...