• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Those with the update: Things you've noticed...

ESPN ScoreCenter is a battery hog with no option to turn off auto updating :mad:

yup thats probably it I just added the widget on one of the pages so I could keep up with my scores but I guess I have to take it off. It is killing my battery, and it doesnt even have the bottom line on the widget! which would prob use more battery but would be awesome. I also have the agenda calendar on a page does that eat up the battery too?
I had a task killer on my Cliq Xt but it killed a lot of things that ended up slowing down my phone so I havent added it on this yet.

Upvote 0
yup thats probably it I just added the widget on one of the pages so I could keep up with my scores but I guess I have to take it off. It is killing my battery, and it doesnt even have the bottom line on the widget! which would prob use more battery but would be awesome. I also have the agenda calendar on a page does that eat up the battery too?
I had a task killer on my Cliq Xt but it killed a lot of things that ended up slowing down my phone so I havent added it on this yet.

It is not just if you have the widget up but if you have the app installed on your phone period.

Upvote 0
Definitely noticed that I got MUCH better battery life. I can now go from when I unplug my phone in the morning (6:30) to when I go to bed (~11), and it's still in green. Other than that, I noticed increased speed of my phone, overall, and obviously the browser bar sticks...

One problem I've had since the update:

Sometimes, my phone will go completely black, I'm not sure if it turns off or what. Holding down the power button doesn't turn it back on; I have to take out the battery, put it back in, then hold down the power button until it turns on. Any word here???

Upvote 0

One problem I've had since the update:

Sometimes, my phone will go completely black, I'm not sure if it turns off or what. Holding down the power button doesn't turn it back on; I have to take out the battery, put it back in, then hold down the power button until it turns on. Any word here???

That happened to my wife's Slide once. It was a couple of weeks after the update and has only happened that once so I'm not sure it's related...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones