Thought i bricked my phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got a bit of a scare today with my captivate, my wifi started acting up so i turned the phone off. After turning it back on the phone would just sit at the S logo screen and the screen would just turn off, yet the 4 buttons at the bottom were lit up.
    Pressing the power button did nothing, i had to pull the battery out. Started the phone again and same thing... nada :eek:

Finally i managed to get into recovery mode using adb and reinstalled the packages and now the phone works just fine.
    Last thing i remember doing was installing switchpro and fiddling around with the buttons, not sure if switchpro had anything to do with it. Any ideas what caused this? Phone was only rooted, didn't have any roms on it.

Advertisement
  2. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

That's the exact issue I was having when I tried to install the various lag fixes out there. I presumed that had something to do with it for me. No idea if that's the case or not!

3. anjiru

anjiru New Member

i keep trying to get ADB to load my phone into recovery mode, but every time i do it says device not found. the computer sees the device is there, even sees that its a samsung sgh-I897, galaxy s captivate, but it hangs on the S splash screen, i cant access the storage, and like i said doing adb reboot recovery returns device not found. and nothing shows up when i do adb devices. anyone know what i can do? i'm desperate

4. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

Power the phone off and yank the battery. Do not plug the usb into your computer. Put the battery back in and then hold the volume up and down keys at the same time then hold the power button, keep all three buttons pressed simultaniously, when the AT&T splash screen comes on for the second time release only the power button, keep holding the volume buttons and you should see the recovery screen within a few seconds.

5. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Try a different usb port, on some of my usb ports i can't see the device for some reason.