1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Thoughts on Atrix 4G

1. kpenning

kpenning Well-Known Member

Hey all!

Just posted my full review of the Atrix. I touched on the screen, speed, fingerprint sensor, HDMI, battery life, GPS, camera, hardware design, and software.

Hope you enjoy it... maybe it'll make your purchase decision simpler:
    Motorola Atrix 4G Review - BriefMobile

Advertisement
  2. Duffmaster

Duffmaster Well-Known Member

Love the review, thank you for posting it :D
  3. kpenning

You're more than welcome.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns... shoot em over!
  4. earthdog

earthdog Active Member

Minor issue the Atrix does NOT have an enabled RM Receiver.
  5. kpenning

This is true. The hardware is supposedly in there, though!

I've taken it out of the article for clarity.
  6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Nice review. You touched on the main things I dont like about Blur, probably most other ppl that dont like Blur feel the same way too.

I might be in the minority, but I dont mind UI's on Android. I like how Sense UI, Touchwiz, and whatever the one on the new LG phones is called looks. It was to be something pleasing to look at and use.

Blur is neither IMO.
  7. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

I am more of a Vanilla Android Lover, think it works wonders untainted. Thats just me, which is why I am up in the air about Atrix or Nexus S.
  8. Karl_Tx

Karl_Tx Well-Known Member

I watched this review and coming from a Captivate, yes the colors on the cappy pop more but I noticed if I turn up my screen brightness alittle the display looks great. The fact that my gps is now basically flawless compared to what I have.....the quadrand scores of 2400+ without rooting or lag fixes installed make me a happy camper. So far I love this phone....only had it a few days but have been putting it through it's paces and so far it works and looks great. The only I didn't like was the Moto blur which I replaced with launcher pro as I did on my captivate....wasn't crazy about touchwiz either.:)
  9. kpenning

Exactly. Motorola needs to move back to the drawing board and create something sexy.

Go with the Atrix. Slap the "Gingerbread launcher" from Android Market on it, and you'll be a very happy camper.

Isn't it nice to finally have a phone that just works? My Captivate GPS was so frustrating.
  10. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

How is your screen responsiveness? I've found that on my Atrix, it misses touches, often enough for me to notice. Over at XDA on a thread, several people said theirs was good, with one saying it's the best. I'm completely open to the idea that I may have received a bad unit. What is your experience with this? (Throughout the phone AND on the keyboard) . . .
  11. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

This is so nice... words cannot express the joy of finally having a fully functional device. Great GPS, no lag, beautiful screen IMO, great speaker(s), and a functioning noise-cancellation chip, just to name the most obvious.
  12. bmxican

bmxican New Member

It is a definite possibility you got a lemon. When I first got my Atrix, I noticed the home button wasn't working. Then the rep told me to reset it, I did and it then worked, still kind ticked though bc it was brand new. Then I tested the front facing camera and it worked, but for the rest of the day after that when I opened the camera function it said "OOPS, NOT RESPONDING TRY AGAIN LATER" or something like that and would force close. I also noticed the battery sucked and would say it was really high and be almost dead 10 minutes later. Also noticed overall glitchiness similar to what you described. Anyways, took it back the next day and got a new it replaced. It now works great and I absolutely love my Atrix!! :D
  13. kpenning

Something is probably wrong with your individual device. My responsiveness is equal to the Captivate's... which was good already.

I know. I'm overjoyed to have a phone that I can count on for basic smartphone stuff.