• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] Thread CLOSED! Testers Needed n00b ROM from Boost port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried again, cleared dalvik cache, even tried factory reset and all, unfortunately still no 3g and menu is the same.

So thats really strange so wiping data/factory reset then wiping dalvik still no 3g... I know i'm getting redundant here but did you try dialing *228 after all that?

When you say menu is the same you mean that you have the network mode option vs the system select option in mobile network settings submenu?

Upvote 0
ok lets get extreme... since you already did a data wipe... in clockwork wipe data/fatory reset then wipe dalvik. install the noob version 6 rom and imidiatly after the install install the public mobile update witout rebooting in between. then before rebooting, fix permissions and reboot. tell me how that goes because thats the closest thing to what i did and mine works perfectly...

Upvote 0
ok lets get extreme... since you already did a data wipe... in clockwork wipe data/fatory reset then wipe dalvik. install the noob version 6 rom and imidiatly after the install install the public mobile update witout rebooting in between. then before rebooting, fix permissions and reboot. tell me how that goes because thats the closest thing to what i did and mine works perfectly...

ok, so I am hearing we have one confirmed working and one with no 3g, just 1g?

can I get another tester to confirm it one way or the other?

just uploaded another test with a minor tweak to the framework-res.apk, let me know either way.

Upvote 0
I dont understand why the update wouldn't work... I mean i don't have a modified framwork-res.apk in my framework... this is all very strange...

well, the warp has been found to be pretty warped at times :)

I am not doubting your test results, I just want to make sure I have something universal... if I could get five or six testers to try it it would make this go faster.

I think we are close, I just don't want to leave people with a crappy 3g connection, can you re-confirm yours is absolutely fine with a clean install of my rom and the update? I just want to make sure we have the same base for testing.

Upvote 0
Well smartman didn't install it the same way, don't know if that changed the way it works. However you can see above 3g is not working for Pineapple00 either.

I know i didn't install it the same way... there was a bug that occured when we first started using the boost roms on the public warp and even after restoring the stock backup this persisted... the way i was fixing it was putting the phone in "home only" then putting the phone in airplane mode and bringing it back ... but your saying that doesn't work... and doing the factory wipe followed by wiping dalvik and installing the n00b rom and the public update immediately after and then fixing permissions then reboot... that didnt work either?

Upvote 0
well, the warp has been found to be pretty warped at times :)

I am not doubting your test results, I just want to make sure I have something universal... if I could get five or six testers to try it it would make this go faster.

I think we are close, I just don't want to leave people with a crappy 3g connection, can you re-confirm yours is absolutely fine with a clean install of my rom and the update? I just want to make sure we have the same base for testing.

I am reconfirming that installing the noob rom and immediately after, installing the update works perfectly. I used the update without the framwork-res.apk, I did a factory reset prior to doing this and fixed permissions after doing all this. the phone turns on with data turned off by default and once turned on i get 3g immediately ...

I think this is that bug i was talking about... ran into it once before...

Upvote 0
I repeated the same procedures exactly as in Post #45 by smartmanvartan including the removal of framwork-res.apk and I got the same result with 3G right after enabling data
but I noticed that it's not running smoothly and lagging which never happened before.

I'll try few reboots and see if it's the same

Upvote 0
@ztew and pinaple00... If 3g has not yet been restored try taking the n00b rom and removing the vdmc.apk and activation4005.apk from the system/app folder from the zip file... then in clockwork wipe factory settings and wipe dalvik.. install the rom that has the vdmc.apk and activation4005.apk removed. fix permissions and reboot. at this point nothing will have changed. go to settings->mobile networks-> and select evdo only. then switch your phone into airplane mode and then back again. this should give you back 3g. the problem is that the boost mobile rom has that option on there that switches it to cdma... the public mobile rom does not so that switch cant be turned back when the phone has a public mobile rom. once 3g is restored put your phone back into recovery. then wipe data again and dalvik... install the n00bVI rom and IMMEDIATELY apply the public mobile updater afterwards. then fix permissions and reboot... everything should be just peachy.. :)

Reactions: Pineapple00
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones