Thread likes counter misbehaving

1. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

I could not locate an appropriate folder to place this question:

How do you turn "off" that floating "youtube-like" band that stretches across the screen. I scroll down it scrolls with me, I scroll up and it scrolls upwith me.

In this screenshot, you can see the submenu option "All Your Post" where it is slightly cut off.... well,.... I wanted to get to the very next menu opion "All Your Threads".... but that bar keeps getting in the way......

Yeah! while we are on the subject... just how DO you get rid of that Youtube gray bar that floats all over "hayle" and back on Youtube when all you want to do is click on the very item thats hidden and unaccessible behind that annoying bar?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

That 'youtube bar' looks like the likes counter. But it isn't supposed to stretch across the screen, move as you scroll or cover up other parts of the UI.

So it's a bug, unfortunately, not something you can turn off.

I've put this in the suggestion box and feedback section where Phases will see it.

EDIT: You could probably block it temporarily with AdBlock though, if your browser supports it.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  3. Rico ANDROID

Thank you Xyro!!! That sure was a QUICK follow-up! I will try blockig it and see if works. Yep, for me anyways, its floating along... lol

[​IMG]
  4. Rico ANDROID

Another band appearing over the pages...

[​IMG]
  5. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Rico ANDROID and Xyro like this.
  6. Rico ANDROID

Very good point. I guess I should have provided that info. Internet explorer 8, widescreen laptop resolition 1366 x 768. Latest java , up to date
    PyroSporker likes this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

I see the likes bar stretched accross the screen when I switch to IE as well. Doesn't happen in Chrome. I don't see the bottom buttons overlayed in either.

Win 7 Latest IE/Chrome
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

NVM, they just jumped up when I used quick reply.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  9. Rico ANDROID

Hey there ole buddy! 8000+ posts!.. Yes, I think my I E8 may be outdated
  10. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

When Im in a thread, or forum, and try to use the pull down menu "Quick Links", if there are any "likes" in that section, the Likes are blocking the Quick links options.
    Rico ANDROID and Atma like this.
  11. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Hmm... I'm on Firefox 10.0.2 on XP and the likes don't block it for me. I just 'liked' this post to check. But, for a split second if you click the big 'Like' button at the top, and then quickly click the Quick Links it does cover it up... but for me that lasts only a second.

What browser/OS are you using?
  12. Xyro

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

No problems here.
    W7, Chrome, AdBlock enabled.
    [​IMG]
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  14. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I never use IE9 but I just check and can see the problem.

[​IMG]
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  15. Xyro

I merged the two threads on this topic together as it would appear to be the same bug.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  16. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

Thats it!!

I run IE9, and it happens all the time. On my phone, it doesnt happen.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.