Thread preference pollGeneral

I prefer the following forum/thread style:

1. One large thread, off-topic chat allowed, quality of postings flows with availability of 'new' news

34 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. I have no preference

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. New post for every news item/rumor/topic, adherence to thread topic in conversation

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Everyone,
    the scope of this thread is very very specific, so please adhere to it because i'm really trying to get some good data. I'll discuss how this will be used later but for now I will say that's its only intent is drive quality, user experience improvements, forum suitability, etc...

With that said...please reply to the poll in the following manner:

Mark 1 if you preferred the overall approach of the original ***Official HTC Incredible Thread*** (first post kept updated with latest major information/pics/news, remainder of thread was open to any kind of discussion and "quality" flowed with availablity of news)

Mark 2 if you don't have a strong preference

Mark 3 if you prefer that each new topic/news item receives its own thread and those threads have strict adherence to on-topic conversation

Advertisement
    mikecitron, andiron, eipee73 and 4 others like this.
  2. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

I don't think I can vote here... For now, I think the best option is #1. Once there is some official, OFFICIAL info, #3 is the best model.

3. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, good clarification, and i have to admit, i didn't include that detail for a reason because i didn't want it to impact the results of this specific poll. I've written before about a plan I had (maybe still have, we'll see) to create a well organized and managed one stop shop for Incredible end users/owners. To be included are stickied threads like: Tips and Tricks, Bugs (and workaround if available), Accessories (with reviews from community users), etc...

However, that is a framework that works well for a product once released. In my experience in the work i do, the best way to gather, organize, collaborate, share, strategize, theorize, etc... prior to product launch is to give people a virtual "water cooler" and create a viral effect. Since news is so scarce and hard to obtain, having everyone in "one room" is helpful to leverage people's skillsets at social networking, investigative work, contacts, etc...

LOL, i've said more than I intended but you've inspired me Reginald VelJohnson!

4. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I'm typing something up and will have a response to this issue posted shortly.

greggds likes this.
  5. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

6. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

ROFL! Since I'm on a roll, I should say something else inspiring... Like... Don't do drugs, kids. :D

7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.