Threaded MessagingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Drew21

Drew21 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to turn off Threaded messaging on the default messenger? Has anyone had any luck finding an app on the Market that allows standard messaging...I really hate threaded messaging!

Advertisement
  2. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Can I ask what about threaded messaging you dislike? And I assume you're talking about SMS?

You might see if Handcent or ChompSMS have options for turning off threaded SMS, they are both available for free in the Market.

3. Drew21

Drew21 Member This Topic's Starter

I don't like that it stores all messages by contacts instead of each message being separate because after a while it gets kinda long and I like seeing individual messages separate. People say its something you get used to but I guess I just like the way it used to be and was wondering if anyone in the forum knows of an app in the market that allows standard messaging.

4. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

The only potential workaround I could see is using Google Voice's SMS, which will periodically (maybe once per day?) start a new thread for a person. So then at least with this method you get *some* separation...