Threads already posted in

Last Updated:

1. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if you could provide a link where you click it and you see all the updated threads you may have posted in.

For example, if I posted in a few threads, someone then posts after me. I want to see only the ones with reply's so I don't miss any i may have posted in. Do you get it? Sorry i couldn't explain better :confused::D

So is this possible? :)

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Great idea, I'd love this feature too. The forum is growing larger every day, and its terribly difficult to keep track of your own posts.

Would subscribing to a thread meet the need? I'm not sure, I am scared off by the subscription bit. To be only notified if a post comes after yours, then not notified again once visited would be nice.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

there is a plugin for this, but admin is holding off until a potential 4.0 update to vbulletin.

best i can tell you is if you hit the favorite new posts button threads where the icon has a arrow like this [​IMG] designates you have a post in that thread.

4. Carl C

I'm afraid subscribing is not really an effective option generally for this considering I would have to subscribe to every single thread I post in :D

So just a simple link would do nicely :)

EDIT: thank you Caddyman thats what I wanted to see a section where it only has that Icon showing a new post in a thread I have posted in.

5. Caddyman

yeah there is a "my posts" type hack on vbulletin.org that is like new posts button but brings up all threads that you have posted in....but i get the feeling that Rob and Phases are trying to decide if and when AF goes to vB 4.0. If it does then they will already have to do A LOT of upgrades to the existing add-ons.....

defo something to think about though, especially for such a fast moving site.

6. Carl C

Sounds perfect :D

But I understand it's not like a click of a button type thing so I'm just suggesting it. It would sure be useful though :)

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Search --> Search by user --> enter your user name.

if you want threads, then perform the search. If you want posts, be sure to change that under the show section. Also, if you want to limit it to certain forums, you can.

Perform the search - the resulting URL has a search ID attached (and I am not sure how long it is valid, but at the very least you can try bookmarking it and seeing how long that lasts....

If you make it easy, though, you should be able to just go to search and type your user name and hit ENTER and threads you have replied in will pop up.

8. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Click on your name in the upper right corner, then clcik statistics, then find all post by your name.

Simplist way to do what you want.

9. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I use subscribing for the exact thing you are looking for. In the usercp options you can set it to autosubscribe to any thread you post in and set notifications to none. This way when I go to the usercp I see all the threads that have responses that I have commented in.

10. Caddyman

This is probably the best way to get what you are looking for right now Carl. A clean list of threads you posted in.

These session ID's are static, so that link EX.search.php?searchid=765026 will show the same results every time I am pretty sure.

If you go through the advanced search and put it in search by user. if you type it in quick search it will only grab threads where your exact user name is typed inside a post message.

Yup, this works, but is usually limited to your last 500 posts and the listing is not as clean as the suggestion above.

You can use subscribe like this, works just fine then you always have a list in your usercp and you dont get all the emails either. FWIW i never use the subscribe feature but im a forum crack head, i always see the new posts...lol

11. Carl C

Thank you guys and girls the suggestion I've quoted above seemed the best for now :)

Thanks again :D