Three phones in 2 years *facepalm*

Last Updated:

1. Xenobio

Xenobio New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm new here. I've been an Android owner for nearly 2 years though.

My first phone was a G1 which I bought secondhand on eBay while studying in the USA, in January 2009 or so. Best thing for students who want new gadgets is to take advantage of buyer's remorse on the part of people who jumped on something shiny and then realised they didn't like it.

The last time I saw it, it was running some version of CyanogenMod. Unfortunately it got pickpocketed in a street market when I went home for Chinese New Year this year =P

When I got back I bought a Hero from my mobile carrierr, which is a terrific phone. The Villain ROMs are really nice for it IMHO. Right now it's got FroydVillain.

The thing is, I like pretty much everything about the Hero (even the size is perfect for my hands) EXCEPT I was constantly fed up with the lack of physical keyboard, even after trying several different soft keyboards. ShapeWriter is good but that has its own issues.

So again taking advantage of buyer's remorse, I got a Milestone six months after the Hero. It cost a lot more than if I had got it from my carrier but a lot less than retail price. Right now I'm trying to figure out the quirks of the Milestone and how to put custom ROMs on it, the G1 and Hero were more similar because they're HTC. It's like waking up in the morning and finding your spouse has magically changed sex.

If you'd like to buy a white Hero with a few cosmetic scratches, please PM me :)

I'm kind of annoyed at myself because I don't want to be a materialistic person but I've failed...three smartphones in 2 years is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully the Milestone will hold up for a good long while. Thanks to all the computer people who make custom ROMs and nice apps, they do a good job of keeping the rest of us entertained. It's less tempting to want a new phone if you have more freedom to customise and improve the performance of your current one IMHO.

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Nice introduction!

Glad you signed up!

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :D