Three questions for the Eris wizardsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. NotThe1YerLookN4

NotThe1YerLookN4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. Is there a way to make the dialer keep the keypad up while in a call instead of switching to photo/android icon. I use the phone a lot for conference calls where I have to type in my meeting number and then also a passcode at the same time as listening to verbal directions. Replacing the number keys with that pic/icon and forcing me to push the keyboard button every damn time is simply maddening.

2. Is there a way to make the browser save your bookmarks Sort By settings instead of reverting back to most visited and forcing me to reset it to Alphabetical every damn time?

3. Is there a way to set the Screen Timeout to something between 2 minutes and a whopping 10 minutes? With it on 2 minutes it times out while I'm reading stuff or watching video however 10 minutes is simply over kill. Having a timeout out somewhere in the middle seems like a no-brainer.

This is on a 2.1 OTA phone.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

1. As far as i know, no. That's a drawback of using a 100% touch screen device. You have to dig through menus to get to basic button functionality.

2. No. Although mine sorts by newest by default.

3. Your phone shouldn't be timing out in videos. Regardless of setting. Except flash player videos. Although I have set it it to never time out, and made a habit of locking the phone manually when i'm done with it.

3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

You should download the app called Quick Settings. It'll work for #3, but I recommend it regardless. Its a great app and it can be launched by holding in the search key once installed. It should have been included with the phone to begin with.

4. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

For #2 look for an app called Bookmarks Sort and Backup (HappyDroid) . It is also useful for moving bookmarks between ROMs if you use lots of boomarks.

(Backups to, and restores from SD card. )

eu1

5. NotThe1YerLookN4

NotThe1YerLookN4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Neat app but all it offers is the exact same Screen Timeout options the phone already has.