three questions. help please

Last Updated:

1. dmullins80

dmullins80 Active Member This Topic's Starter

1. Is there any way I can change my lock screen? I had this custom Rom that had the lock screen with a bar you have to slide sideways. Also, it had the time and tje status of the battery. Can I change it to that with changing done?

2. Is there an app to turn on and off the locator on the phone? I want to use the nav on my eris but I don't want to keep going in to my setting screen to turn that on?

3. How do I run apps off of my SD card? I'm rooted I just need to know how.

Does any one know why the keyboard lags when its rotate? Is there a patch for that?

Also, a big thanks to everyone who help me get rooted. Now that the.simple stuff is over. It's now time for the harder. More questions to come. Thanks again

Advertisement
  2. shadowman85

shadowman85 Member

I'm pretty sure this is how to remove the HTC lock screen.

cd <directory of android folder>\tools
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    cd /system/app
    ls - you can use this to list everything so you can get the right name
    rm -r HtcLockScreen.apk - Case sensative (I'm doing this off memory just make sure this is the right name from the ls command)
    rm -r HtcLockScreen.odex - Case sensative

[​IMG] Sticky: Eris All things ROOT THREAD: NEW TUTORIAL & ROM'S Updated 03/31/2010 - check this too for more infor on the lock screen. I think there are a few scripts to do get rid of it.

There is an app to run apps off the SD card. It is called App2SD but I'm not sure if anyone has been able to run it on the Eris. I know the Evil Eris ROM by framework has it built into the ROM. It takes a little bit of coding to get it installed correctly.