Three questiopns for the price of one.Support

1. 5tevie

5tevie Well-Known Member

As a pensioner I get confused easily and try to use this Note 10.1 like a laptop which obviously can't be done. So what I would find really useful is a place on here where I can ask questions about how to do things and then I can copy the answers to a file that I can pass over to the Note.
    So here goes .....
    1 .... If I use a gismo to attach an SD card to the Note, is it possible to transfer a file from the SD card to the Note's opening page (where all the icons hang out) For instance, copy across an episode of Red Dwarf.

2 .... Is Firefox as good on the Galaxy Note 10.1 as it is on a Windows or a Mac computer or are there still bugs that need ironing out?

3 .... If my main computer is switched on, is there a way for me to copy across any of my list of favourites and then tap on them on the Note 10.1 using Firefox?

Cheers and thanks for any info,
    Steve

ps .... Please remember that I'm as thick as a plank and daft as a brush so please word your answers as if talking to a child.
    Steve

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You can copy it to Note's memory, you cannot put it on the homescreen - this is not a PC that has a 'desktop' where you can put files. On this homescreen, you can only put shortcuts to apps and widgets.

I have not tried it, I cannot say. Chrome is pretty good.

Firefox has a synchronization option I bet. Just sign into Firefox on your PC and then install it on the Note and sign in again, it should sync your bookmarks.

Let us know if you need any help.
  3. 5tevie

5tevie Well-Known Member

Szadzik .... Thanks very much for your reply. I'll give your answers a going over later tonight and then report back on how I get on.
    Cheers,
    Steve.