Three SMTP server name.Support

Last Updated:

1. stevethemook

stevethemook Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody know the correct SMTP name for Three network as I have tried all combinations under the sun..(smtp-mbb.three.co.uk, smtp.three.co.uk) and they all fail to connect to my NTLWORLD account.]

Can receive email but sending on the move fails..

Three customer service dont know and cant be bothered ringing them up again and hanging on for ages warming up my ear.:D

Ta

Steve

Advertisement
  2. stevethemook

stevethemook Member This Topic's Starter

Found away of doing it thank god.

The ntlworld.com SMTP server is only accessible when you are physically on the NTL/Virgin Media network.
    The virginmedia.com SMTP server, however, can be accessed outside the NTL/Virgin Media network.

1. So set up a new virginmedia.com email on the virgin media website

Use this account to authenticate with the virginmedia.com SMTP server, but send the e-mail from your @ntlworld.com address

2. In your GMail accounts and import you would configure 'send mail from another address' and add another email address you own. Here you would add your ntlworld address.

3. In the next page SEND MAIL THROUGH YOUR SMTP SERVERS click 'send through ntlworld servers' and add smtp.virginmedia.com and your full virginmedia email address (eg rbranson@virginmedia.com) as a username/password with port 465

4. Put SMTP.VIRGINMEDIA.COM on your phone as a SMTP address but with your full virginmedia email address (eg rbranson@virginmedia.com)as a username and your password. Use SSL and port 465.

And it works ON BOTH wifi at home and on the move via Three's 3G network and possibly others
    Steve

Tallulah Belle likes this.