• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Three (stupid?) Calendar Questions...

jonrosenfeld

May 26, 2010
I may just be stupid, but on my Desire's calendar is it possible to...

1. Turn the default reminder for a new appointment to no reminder? The defaults in calendar settings > reminder settings > default reminder time doesn't go less than 5 minutes. Am I missing something? Surely I'm not the only one who makes calendar entries without reminders?

2. Set the minutes dial that one turns when making an event to go in multiples of 5 minutes rather than every minute. Most people don't make meetings at 9:02, right? (I hate it when my wife's iPhone does things more rationally than my Desire!)

3. A third question I read elsewhere but is still unanswered there: anyone know of an app that does pop-up reminders (like pop up sms but for the calendar)? It's easy to miss the reminders in the notification bar. (but I still want a no reminder default option :) )

Help!

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Thanks all!

Hey, RealStranger: I installed Jorte because I like the month view and I like having to-do's. But I uninstalled it when it wasn't readily apparent how to get what's in the phone's calendar into Jorte and vice versa. Was I missing something?

For the record, I'm using Calendar Pad now, and I think it's great. Great day, week and month view, and easy one touch to jumo from view to view (without pressing menu). But no to-do.

Jon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones