1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Three (stupid?) Calendar Questions...

Last Updated:

1. jonrosenfeld

jonrosenfeld Member This Topic's Starter

I may just be stupid, but on my Desire's calendar is it possible to...

1. Turn the default reminder for a new appointment to no reminder? The defaults in calendar settings > reminder settings > default reminder time doesn't go less than 5 minutes. Am I missing something? Surely I'm not the only one who makes calendar entries without reminders?

2. Set the minutes dial that one turns when making an event to go in multiples of 5 minutes rather than every minute. Most people don't make meetings at 9:02, right? (I hate it when my wife's iPhone does things more rationally than my Desire!)

3. A third question I read elsewhere but is still unanswered there: anyone know of an app that does pop-up reminders (like pop up sms but for the calendar)? It's easy to miss the reminders in the notification bar. (but I still want a no reminder default option :) )

Help!

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

Advertisement
  2. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

1. click 'set alerts and notifications' set to none
    2. don't think so
    3. check out 'missed call' it does that and more.

3. RealStranger

RealStranger Member

2: Try "Jorte" - it has no +/-5 but a small keypad to enter the appointment's time.
    3: You might want to have a look at "Calendar Snooze". Nice app, though it is really ugly ;)

Greetz!
    M.T.

4. jonrosenfeld

jonrosenfeld Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all!

Hey, RealStranger: I installed Jorte because I like the month view and I like having to-do's. But I uninstalled it when it wasn't readily apparent how to get what's in the phone's calendar into Jorte and vice versa. Was I missing something?

For the record, I'm using Calendar Pad now, and I think it's great. Great day, week and month view, and easy one touch to jumo from view to view (without pressing menu). But no to-do.

Jon

5. RealStranger

RealStranger Member

Try to set
    Jorte settings -> misc. settings -> choose calendar -> Google calendar
    For me both the stock calendar and Jorte use the same database, so I had no problem syncing them.

Greetz!
    M.T.