• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If i were you i would give them a ring and see if they can do a deal for you e.g up your allowance.The reason its worth a try is my following story;).

My son now has my old Hero so i contacted Orange last month too see if they could do a deal for me on his contract so he could have the internet but i didnt want to do it as an add on as i didnt want too increase the monthly payment.I was told that they could reduce the minutes by 100 and replace that with 500mb.Sorted:).
Checked my account online yesterday too see data charges on the bill????:mad:.Phoned them straight away and explained the offer i was given,i was then told that there was no way should of it been offered to me as it cannot be done??Made a bit of a fuss and ended up having the data charges refunded AND 500mb added for no extra cost:D.

Upvote 0
You're best off asking three direct. The internet max add on is 2 gig max, with a warning at 1 gig if I remember rightly. But you are better going for x series silver.

How ever my wife couldn't get a data add on for her hero contract which sounds similar to yours. So you may have to employ some Alec Guinessesque "I am the customer you are looking for, don't move a long now' jedi mind trick to get it.

Upvote 0
The x series silver add on is better because you dont have the adult content restrictions the other add internet max one has. Only drawback is the FUP on x series silver is 1gb compared with the 2gb you get on the other internet add on.

Well I was told that you'll get a warning at 1gb, and cut off at 2gb. Like with internet max.

To quote 3
"Internet Max Add-on Gives you 1GB which is the equivalent of about 100,000 mobile web pages - so it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones