Thrive 1saleaday.com $259 Mon 2/6/2012Tips

1. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

Thrive 10" 1saleaday.com $259 Mon 2/6/2012

Advertisement
  2. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

they are refurbished...i just read a poop load of bad reviews about this site...like crazy....is not reliable....
  3. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

I bought 2 Evo View 4G tablets from them (1saleaday.com) before Xmas 2011 and it all went perfectly. No complaints.
  4. Evo 5oh

they new or refurbished ? the thrive tablets?
    by the way how long they take on shipping those tablets...
  5. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

I bought mine from woot.com on Thursday... I hope that woot is reliable.. :
    >_>
  6. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

I bought a Thrive from Woot as well ... First time buyer from them. They (Woot) seem to be mostly reliable with an occasional unhappy "wooter".
  7. DerekElensar

When is yours set to arrive at your place? My estimated delivery date is Feb. 14....
  8. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

My Thrive arrived today (2/8/2012).

It is a refurb, and looks new but has 2 tiny scratch-like marks on the screen that bug me because I know they are there.

I plan on putting a Zagg screen protector on it, that will probably fully hide the tiny screen marks.

I'm anal, I still want a refurb to look brand-new. :)

Have not powered it up yet, just been on the charger.

-Gary K
  9. Evo 5oh

Now your my friend cuz we have the same tablets ...take pics or something that tablet go hard...let me know if you got problems with it...how long did it take to ship?
  10. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

It took about 7 days to reach me. I'm in Texas and Woot is in Texas, so that probably caused it to reach me soonest given the delivery method.

No problems with the Thrive except the 2 tiny screen marks, and I don't notice those when using the tablet.

I'm using the Thrive now to post this message.

-Gary K
  11. DerekElensar

Oh, that's probably why you got it before me.. I'm over in Michigan.. so maybe I'll get it by tomorrow! =D

BTW: Evo, if egkor doesn't post pics, I can post some when I get mine.. which reminds me that I need to update my devices list on this forum...
  12. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

BTW I was wrong about my refurb Thrive screen having 2 small scratches out-of-the-box.

I took a screen cleaner "wipe" and gave the Thrive screen a gentle wipe down, and what I thought were scratches disappeared. :)

So anal me is now thoroughly happy w/ my 100% new in appearance Thrive.

-Gary K

P.S. What Thrive pictures do you want? :)
  13. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

A known issue for refurbished Thrives purchased from Woot is that when you use the Thrive "Service Center" to perform a system update, the update fails.

The link below points to a thread in thriveforums.org where you can re-flash the refurb Thrive firmware to stock system version that *will* allow further updates from Service Center.

I had to do all the steps called out, and now my Thrive is at standard Android 3.2.1 (from Toshiba) using the updates from Service Center after re-flashing the "refurb" system firmware.

[GUIDE] Updating from HMJ37.01.5.0018

-Gary K
  14. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

15. DerekElensar

I wants my tablet soooo badly. ETA: 2/13

2 nights ago it was in Dallas, last night it was in Berlin, Wisconsin, and now it's it's in.... Bellview(?), MI.... I'm in grand rapids, MI!!! I WANT IT TO GET HERE!!!! Lol
  16. DerekElensar

Ok, I got my Tablet on Saturday and have been using it pretty nicely. I spent all day Saturday on it and almost all day Sunday on it. It's got a screen protector on it, and a different colored back is on its way as well! I ordered the silver one, and if I don't like it I can send it back :p

Anyways, if you guys want pics, lemme know and I'll post some.
  17. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

Congrats! If you like, post some pics!

Maybe there should be a "Show Us Your Thrive" pictures thread.

I have literally lost hours of sleep playing with the Thrive!

-Gary K
  18. DerekElensar

I hear ya, mate. When I'm not at school or work, or in the car(sometimes even then, as I don't drive on my own yet.. sadly) I'm on this thing Lol.

I'll post some pics later.
  19. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

20. reddogkgb

reddogkgb Active Member

:cool: Can hardly wait for the 4.0 update though.