Thrive chargerGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-01-19 03:43:17
  1. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

I had originally been deciding between the Thrive and the Iconia. Thrive won in my opinion hands down, but now I am trying to decide between the Galaxy 10.1 and the Thrive. I was still leaning towards the thrive because of the ports and easy replaceable battery, but then I saw the size of the chargers. I was going to be using this for travel and having to take another power brick is a real turn off.

The Galaxy may not have ports but the screen is better, its thinner, and my breaking point was that the charger is small like a cell phone charger and you can even trickle charge over USB.

So my real question is, does anyone have/ has anyone seen a smaller travel charger for the thrive?

Advertisement
  2. racer12306

racer12306 Well-Known Member

I travel with my Thrive quite frequently and the size of the charger isn't a problem for me.

Having a true charger allows the Thrive to charge really fast.
  3. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

I bought a spare charger on amazon. a little smaller than original with a right angle plug to go into the thrive. this is a little easier to travel with and provides a better handling option when plugged in.
  4. soonertoad

soonertoad Member

I have a travel charger that plugs into the car's lighter socket. It is pretty small and I can plug it into the wall with an adapter. Other posters are correct in their assertion that the stock charger works faster.
  5. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member

My Thrive charges up in about an hour and 15 minutes. You'll find that the Galaxy takes a whole lot longer, about 3x as long IIRC.

Most people see the fast charging as a huge advantage of the Thrive, but you can't get that without a large charger, at least not at a price anyone would pay. Part of the problem is the mini-usb connector most phones and tablets use to charge. That's a real bottleneck.
  6. browndog49

browndog49 New Member

I got a car charger for a HP Compaq mini 110 for mine its the right plug and the same voltage and amps from eBay. I also got the same 110 wall charger for around 8.00 instead of 25.00 that fits our thrives