Thrive email problem (a small one)Support

Last Updated:

1. candicejoy

candicejoy New Member

An apostrophe in the message I composed shows up in the recipient's message as a word (apos&) instead of the '. Is there something I can do to fix or just a glitch? Thnx. I am new.

Advertisement
  2. paveway

paveway New Member

I am having the same issue. I need to find a resolution quickly because i use this device for work and my clients are noticing this bug. Any help would be appreciated.

I downloaded an update yesterday on my tablet but it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks,
    Paveway
  3. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

probably text formatting problem.
  4. patmcclellan

patmcclellan New Member

I have the same issue on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, and found similar complaints online regarding the Xoom.

Here's what I know (but doesn't fix the issue). ' is the XML markup for an apostrophe, which many email clients can correctly render -- even though it is not standard HTML. However, many of my email recipients on Outlook get the apostrophes unrendered. Example: the word can't appears as can't.

At other times, other recipients receive it just fine. The thread re: the Xoom problem seemed to think it only occurred in email replies, not original emails. That hasn't been my experience on the Tab.

Trying to troubleshoot this:
    1) It could be the device
    2) It could be Android
    3) It could be the stock email client (though it happens in email and gmail).
    4) It could be the Android keyboard app (though I get the same issue with other keyboard alternatives like Samsung's awful keyboard)
    5) It could be the recipient's email client (or a specific set of email clients, like Outlook 2004, etc.)

Any ideas that could help me fix it?