Thumb Keyboard app with T9 Prediction??Support

1. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the Thumb Keyboard app that basically made it easy to type out text messages easier on the Prevail. It basically had a dialpad layout for the keyboard and I can't remember what the name of the darn program was. Any help with jiggling my memory would be appreciated... :D

Advertisement
  2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

The one I've got is actually called Thumb Keyboard and cost $2.49 on the Market . I got lucky and found it on Amazon when they were giving it away for free . Is that the one that you're talking about .
  3. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

bro i love thumb key board...without it ..it would be a real pain typing on the gtab
  4. Slayer72

I'm not sure, does it have a dialpad layout for typing words out??
  5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

Not really sure but I know that it has the option to split the keyboard . It has a lot more different settings that I've never tried . I'm running Swype Beta at the moment or I would check and see . I just re-flashed my ROM and haven't installed everything yet .
  6. Slayer72

Ok, thx Wetbiker, I'll check it out... :p

EDIT: Ok I installed it and took a look at it and it doesn't have the dialpad layout for typing... :/ Just wish I could remember what one I had before...
    wetbiker7 likes this.
  7. theonewho

theonewho Well-Known Member

I think I know what kind of layout you're talking about slayer and I know of a few keyboards that have that layout. They don't usually have them as the default layout but they can be switched to it. Most of these are in the market unless stated otherwise. And not all are free.

Adaptxt - This keyboard is pretty slow but it does have next word prediction which can be nice.

GO Keyboard - I hate this one for the swiping kind of input, but it's T9 mode is decent.

HTC_IME - Can be hard to find one that works on the prevail. If I can find where I got the one I have again I'll post a link to it. [EDIT] I'm about 90% sure I got the HTC_IME keyboard from the following link:

[APP] HtC ime keyboard for cm7 - xda-developers

I could be wrong but it looks like the right one. It says on the page it's for cm7, but I'm running the HalfAssRom and it works fine.

Perfect Keyboard - I have the paid version so I'm not sure if the free one has this layout. Might be worth a shot.

Smart Keyboard Pro

TouchPal version 5.x - This one isn't in the market (play store?). If you get that one you'll get a compact qwerty mode but no T9. The website to get version 5 is all in chinese, but it's not too hard to find the download link and the english mode works fine. If you want to swipe with this keyboard you have to go into the settings and download an addon or something to make it work. Here's the page to download version 5:

??????-??????? ?????? ?????? (<----shows up as question marks on my pc, but was still clickable for me)

Just click on the box under the android guy. Works fine if you do it from your android browser.

MultiLing Keyboard - I haven't tried this one but I see that you can switch to the T9 layout.

AnySoftKeyboard - Also haven't tried, but looks like it might have that layout as well.

(EvenBetter)NumberPad - Not free and haven't tried it. Same idea it looks like though.

I'm sure there are more out there, but these are the ones I currently have installed and are aware of or found in a quick search. I hope I was helpful!

[EDIT]

[​IMG]http://imgur.com/XygOr

By the way, linked above is an example of what I think Slayer is looking for in the layout of the keyboard. Hopefully this is right and some other suggestions can be thrown in here.
  8. theonewho

theonewho Well-Known Member

As you guys can see from my other post above, I try a lot of keyboards lol. I've been searching for a suitable replacement for BlindType which looks like we'll never see (at least in the way that it's in the demo videos) but haven't found anything that satisfies yet. I guess SwiftKey comes closest.

SnapKeys also looks interesting, but there's no download for it yet other than a game that won't work on our phone.

Anyone have any suggestions for uncommon but awesome keyboards? I'd list what I've tried, but I don't have all day ;)