• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thumbdata3--1967290299

wi999

Lurker
Aug 8, 2014
i have a samsung galaxy tab 2 rooted and when i open es file explorer and enable show hidden app there is an folder in dcim wich lead to tumbnails and inside thumbnails there is 2 file named thumbdata3--1967290299 and thumdata 3-1763508120 along with all image that was suposedly already got deleted.my question is can i delete thumbdata3--1967290299 and thumdata 3-1763508120 along with all image that was suposedly already got deleted because they take so much memory?will it become a problem for my android if i delete that?thankyou

Hi
You can delete it. Its a file created or added to by the system each time you boot your phone. It scans all the images on your phone and sd card and creates this thumbnail data file. It will come back again! I discovered that if you create an empty FOLDER with the same name as the file when you delete the file (in the files location), nothing gets put into it and it does not seem to cause any problems.

Roger

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones