• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thumbs.db

rickjumps

Mar 18, 2013
I have a stock Galaxy S3. Quickpic was running just fine, it was a great improvement over the stock gallery. It stopped working, I contacted the dev, he was very helpful until we discovered I had a thumbs.db file in my Android>Cache file. I can't delete it and he's stuck since I'm not rooted. Any suggestions?

When I long press, I get this.
Screenshot_2013-03-19-19-15-46 - Copy.png

Upvote 0
Well, I am officially stumped :p
How can that be? After the cache folder is deleted, whatever was in that folder should have went bye-bye. :thinking:
One more thing to try...go into menu/settings while in ES File Explorer. Click on File settings,scroll down to "clear cache"...

Unless someone else has a better idea, I would save what you need off of the ext. sd card, and format it.

Edit: or try what h4x0rj3ff suggested...I hit submit and saw he posted a possible solution too:D

Reactions: h4x0rj3ff
Upvote 0
Well, I am officially stumped :p
How can that be? After the cache folder is deleted, whatever was in that folder should have went bye-bye. :thinking:
One more thing to try...go into menu/settings while in ES File Explorer. Click on File settings,scroll down to "clear cache"...

Unless someone else has a better idea, I would save what you need off of the ext. sd card, and format it.

I would take the card out and put it In a windows PC. Show all files and delete it on a windows PC

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones