• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thump thump thum.... oh sh$#!

AlexMason

Aug 28, 2010
Well i was sitting on my couch the other day and i heard the washer making a weird noise so i went to call me grandma to figure out if it was normal... i couldn't find my phone. I had remembered i forgot to remove my phone from my pocket and i washed my phone.

Now my question is...
My phone dried out and will turn on but only gets to velocity screen and hangs. I have to send my phone to Asurion. I payed the replacement fee... will i get in trouble for having it rooted? I already got my replacement phone and everything. So what will happen?

Well i was sitting on my couch the other day and i heard the washer making a weird noise so i went to call me grandma to figure out if it was normal... i couldn't find my phone. I had remembered i forgot to remove my phone from my pocket and i washed my phone.

Now my question is...
My phone dried out and will turn on but only gets to velocity screen and hangs. I have to send my phone to Asurion. I payed the replacement fee... will i get in trouble for having it rooted? I already got my replacement phone and everything. So what will happen?

Very very very doubtful. You clearly drowned it, and clearly admitted it. Warranty and insurance are very different. You can smash your phone with a hammer and insurance still helps you.

Besides, it's very obvious the software didn't cause your problem.

There's close to no chance they'll ever care about what software you had on it. Worst case, take the battery out and say you lost it---insurance covers that too.

Upvote 0
Very very very doubtful. You clearly drowned it, and clearly admitted it. Warranty and insurance are very different. You can smash your phone with a hammer and insurance still helps you.

Besides, it's very obvious the software didn't cause your problem.

There's close to no chance they'll ever care about what software you had on it. Worst case, take the battery out and say you lost it---insurance covers that too.

Thanks for your input it calms me down somewhat i just dont want my next bill to have a $120 charge on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones