• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt Launch Day Speculation/Rumor Thread

willdogs

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
This is for those who are not following the Best Buy thread, and since this is NOT specific to Best Buy, I figured we could take the topic of a Possible Announcement Tomorrow to a new thread.

Latest is that Verizon will Announce the Thunderbot launch tomorrow and everything is pointing to a launch of Thursday March 10th at this point.

To get everyone up to Speed

- Verizon Tweeted
Who has the best call quality? Proof is in the pudding. Check back tomorrow to see who

Reactions: Tumeg and crimton
Yeah bennnnn said tomorrow there should be announcement, he said it could change but to expect it tomorrow. I didn't see a time from him though.
My opinion is that even here in Cyberspace, Bennnn would not want to screw up his {assumed} credibility. I'm looking for that announcement tomorrow by 11am EST. I'm also looking for a Friday the 4th rollout. But that's another matter.

On this announcement thingy, I do believe Bennnn.

-Frank

Upvote 0
My opinion is that even here in Cyberspace, Bennnn would not want to screw up his {assumed} credibility. I'm looking for that announcement tomorrow by 11am EST. I'm also looking for a Friday the 4th rollout. But that's another matter.

On this announcement thingy, I do believe Bennnn.

-Frank

I believe he said it would be out the 10th though.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but over on AC there's a wave of folks who now think the 4th, for a variety of reasons, including the iPod rollout on the 11th.

-Frank

Yeah but I would take that with a grain of salt. People usually can think whatever they want. If bennnnn turns out to be correct with the announcement tomorrow then I am sure he would be correct on the release date.

People have been spitting out dates for the last month now. I really would like to think it comes out the 4th, but Verizon rarely releases on a Friday, though they have in the past. I think the 10th is the best bet now.

Would love for the 4th, but seriously doubt it. Don't mind being wrong though.

Upvote 0
Yeah but I would take that with a grain of salt. People usually can think whatever they want. If bennnnn turns out to be correct with the announcement tomorrow then I am sure he would be correct on the release date.

People have been spitting out dates for the last month now. I really would like to think it comes out the 4th, but Verizon rarely releases on a Friday, though they have in the past. I think the 10th is the best bet now.

Would love for the 4th, but seriously doubt it. Don't mind being wrong though.
Normally I'd go with Thursday too, but, in this case they have that on-line 3-day sale going on older Droid models and smartphones due to run through the 3rd. They probably wouldn't do a big release like the TB on the same day that sale was on. So, this time I can see Friday the 4th. This also keeps it away from the iPOD2 mess.

-Frank

Upvote 0
Normally I'd go with Thursday too, but, in this case they have that on-line 3-day sale going on older Droid models and smartphones due to run through the 3rd. They probably wouldn't do a big release like the TB on the same day that sale was on. So, this time I can see Friday the 4th. This also keeps it away from the iPOD2 mess.

-Frank

I like your thinking :D

Also, since this is their first 4G phone, why not break the mold and be different by doing a Friday launch starting into a weekend when people are off and can go to their nearest BB or VZW store and purchase one?

Upvote 0
I think I remember "panda" saying the 3rd....is his credibility on the line too?
smiley_emoticons_kilroy_sofa2.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones