Thunderbolt Not Recieving TextsSupport

1. Derpadoo

Derpadoo Member

I've had my Tunderbolt for about 3 months now. There was an issue with the stock messaging app sending texts to the wrong people (which is hilariously awful; good job android), but switching to a third party app (handcent) seemed to work.
    However; today my phone just seemed to stop receiving texts. Not until I reset my phone and cleared my cache did it work again (but still hasn't received the texts from the downtime.)

Is this caused by anything in particular? Was clearing my cache/restarting just a quick fix? I'd rather know why this happened, as it is an undetectable problem until it's too late.

Advertisement
  2. maureenxo

maureenxo New Member

I too am having the same issues. I have had my Thunderbolt for several months and the whole sms system is screwed up. My texts randomly go to the wrong people on a regular basis. And I live with that, sometimes very afraid to hit the send button!

I used to have this not receiving my texts problem and after about a month of restarting my phone everyday and having to send myself test messages every couple hours, I finally hard reset my phone. Before that I tried battery and sim pulls to no avail. My phone received texts without a problem for a month up until 3-4 days ago. I am SO frustrated and have not found a solution to this.

I am going back to my old Fascinate that had a problem receiving phone calls, and hoping that when I hard reset that, it does away with that HUGE problem. I am about ready to switch to the Iphone 4. Every Android is plagued with problems, and they are anything but minor! I take that back, my original Droid was very good to me :)