Thunderbolt Reboot IssuesGeneral

1. brain550

brain550 New Member

Anybody out there having issues with their T-bolt randomly rebooting or shutting off? Bought the phone in March, has happened to me close to a dozen times since.

Advertisement
  2. You know, I'm trying real Fn hard to be optimistic with this OS, but the bugs are beyond tolerable. Ever since 2.2 came out I have had nothing but trouble out of my DX. After Verizon sending me 6 phones within a month. After going 3 weeks without a problem it started all over again and thanks to my temper flaring I smashed my DX on the floor and then took a hammer to it. Now, $300 later and with a new Thunderbolt in my hand, I get this worthless sack of shit update today and my phone has rebooted three ******* times and the Damn thing is slow as a constipated monkey. I think since I've only had the phone for a week and a half i may take it back and swap it for an Iphone as badly as I don't want to... BUT android is proving to be an absolute piece of shit OS and I'm tired of it
  3. G2L

G2L Active Member

My TB is working great after the update yesterday! :)
  4. androidffan

androidffan Member

Sine the os update I have had 4 random reboots. I guess the only way to fix is a restore.
  5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I did the update, and THEN read about all the reboot problems. I had no problems whatsoever...until today in the middle of sending a text--THEN it hit me. So, far, just one reboot. So far....
  6. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

Knock wood - no reboots. I've probably jinxed myself.

But loving the phone! I'm a little over a week owning it and playing with it.
  7. jvbaseball

jvbaseball Active Member

I had one reboot. I read pulling the battery might help so I did that, so far so good.
  8. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

my first bolt would turn off when I went to sleep. I guess it thought it would be funny if I was late to work lol. after the update on my 1st phone it would almost constantly reboot and the data part wouldnt work. Only way to stop the phone from rebooting and to get 3g to actually work was to plug it in to charge. The replacement phone took the update fine and only reboot twice so far.
  9. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

Mine is just fine after the update, no reboots or anything else unusual.
  10. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

One reboot since the update, at least that I know of.
  11. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I havent had a reboot problem till I did the update. Since then it has randomly rebooted on me 3 times. Once in the middle of a call and twice in the middle of texting
  12. Tide311

Tide311 Well-Known Member

Just had my first reboot since update. GPS isn't fixed either. Thanks HTC.
  13. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Has anyone tried a different launcher like adw to see if it fixes the reboot issue?
  14. Nor*Cal

Nor*Cal Well-Known Member

I use Go Launcher EX and I've had at least 4 reboots since the update. The last two while in my pocket.

Very irritating considering I did not have this problem before the update.
  15. konman

konman Well-Known Member

Didn't do the OTA update, got this baby rooted and have
    V2 radio installed 1.13.605.7 since last week with no
    Problems till today ... So far I've had about 8 reboot Wtf!
    Lol
    Ive been flashing kernels and Rom to see my troubleshooting
    But no luck.
    My radio is the problem :(
    Bamf 1.62 remix
  16. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Ok I was just trying to figure out maybe it was due to the launcher . As no one posted if they was using a different launcher.

Thanks for the info.
  17. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

No reboot problems for me. I use Go launcher before and after the update. It's the same so far.
  18. daltekkie

daltekkie Well-Known Member

So far so good with me. I did a factory reset immediately following the update; so I'm hoping that will help reduce any conflicts between old data and new.
  19. boycan

boycan Well-Known Member

No problems with my phone before or after update, other than the short battery life and with all it will do I can live with the battery life. Bought the phone on launch day and it is still completely stock and no desire to root yet after coming from a rooted original Droid I love the TB!
  20. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

The idea of a factory reset after the install is an interesting one. I had no problems at first, have had 3 within an hour today already.
  21. WhenForever

WhenForever Active Member

I had a few random reboots before the update, nothing that concerned me. After the update I had one but seemed ok after that....but today i've had like 4-5 in the past few hours!!
  22. Mallissa

Mallissa Well-Known Member

I to had random reboots after the update. I did a factory reset and it didnt help me at all. Took the phone to Verizon, and they are sending me a new one. The manager said that maybe a clean install of the update on a new phone might help. He also tried to feed me a line that "no one I asked has heard of this before." Really? I mean, REALLY? Then he told me that if that didn't work, and I still had the reboots, I could exchange it. For what, a Sammy? Or a crApple iphone? Don't make me gaffaw, HaHaHa. So anyway, that's what I have going on.
  23. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

First total shut-down today. Went to use the phone and noticed it was off. This will be a serious problem.
  24. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

I had it after installing Gas Buddy. Uninstalled and it went away.
  25. MSUTigger

MSUTigger Member

Have had that happen to me twice today. Also lost my first call on a reboot this afternoon. When the phone came back up, the call came back in with a weird ringtone that I've never used or set.