Thunderbolt Speeds Varying WidelyGeneral

1. thunderfan

thunderfan Member

I am new to Android and just got the Thunderbolt over the weekend. I did some tests on speednet yesterday and got some great results. Download speeds were between 38.20 Mbps and 42.55 Mbps. When I do the same tests today in the same location I am only getting 2.0 Mbps. Is this unusual? Seems like a huge difference.

Advertisement
  2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Speed net app is not really optimized for 4G yet. I believe a fix is on the way. One min I get 21kpbs down, the next I get 5. And the upload speeds are completely off and crazy.
  3. Doubledose

Doubledose New Member

Same here, I get reading all over the place. Download seems to average around 6 to 8 here in the Bay Area.
  4. thunderfan

thunderfan Member

I knew that the upload speeds were way off and that there was a problem but I thought/hoped that the download speeds were accurate..........at least until today I hoped they were accurate. Thanks for the info.
  5. bulldogmoe7

bulldogmoe7 Active Member

disable mobile view on the internet setting and go directly to speedtest.net or speakeasy.net
  6. milan03

milan03 VIP Member VIP Member

Both download and upload are inaccurate. Tether it if you want accurate results.
  7. mattbirk

mattbirk Well-Known Member

+1 for speakeasy.net/speedtest

I still fluctuate in download speeds, between 15Mbps - 40 Mbps though. Uploads between 2-3Mbps
  8. thunderfan

thunderfan Member

okay, something is really wrong here. I went from 42 Mbps on Monday and now I am consistently getting 2 Mbps at home and at work. I tried the mobile hotspot as well and it was not even able to start the test it was so slow.

Is there any way I could have accidentally changed a setting on the phone to make it so slow. The 4G icon does light up but that cannot be 4G speed. Somebody help me. My curve was this fast.
  9. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

VZW has admitted there are issues with the TB and the LTE network. There will be an OTA soon to correct the fluctuations.