1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Thunderbolt SUPER SLOW after updateSupport

1. sswingle

sswingle Member

I started a new thread because all the others say to do a factory reset and everything will magically be better. I actually tried that on my own before coming here and unfortunately the factory reset did not help things much at all. Any other ideas? I guess I could try resetting a second time....

I actually came here hoping there would be hordes of people getting VZW to replace their phone for them because it sucks so much now.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

I think ICS is not optimized for the hardware in this phone, and so somethings are slower. I noticed that background app updates cause the phone to be much slower when starting an app. It didn't use to be that way. I think the improvements were more superficial, and that under the hood the engine is running slower.
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

Are you rooted? If so, I'd suggest getting the debloated, rooted ROM from InfectedRom.com and then doing a factory reset.

As for apps running slower, etc. I've not seen that at all. My only gripe is the lack of Flash but there's a way around that.
  4. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Mine was slow for a couple of days but then went back to normal. I attribute this to a lot of background stuff going on as the new OS was just put on.
  5. Funderbolt

I haven't seen the way around Flash yet. I've seen links to strange sites or with errors. There is nothing at all on Adobe's site.
  6. Mayhem

And there won't be. There's another thread here where I posted a link to download it. I'm on my phone right now so I can't get you that thread.
  7. Funderbolt

Well I saw one thread with a link, but when I went to the link I didn't see anything to download.
  8. Mayhem

Seriously?

1. Click here.

2. Click the green box that says "Download Adobe Flash Player"

3. Click on External Mirror #1.

It downloads the APK. I just did it. Twice.

I even made you a QR code so you can just do this from your phone.

[​IMG]
    beenr271 likes this.
  9. Funderbolt

10. beenr271

beenr271 Well-Known Member

Flash download worked! Thanks so much!!!