• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt vs Charge.....anyone switching?

I am happy with my bolt. Yes the update screwed my 1st phone up but hey that can happen to any phone. I get good battery life up to 36 hrs (will have to see how it is with this update). I wont own a samsung after hearing about the gps issue and how it takes them forever to update their phones. When samsung owners finally get gingerbread other phone makers will already have ice cream out on theirs.

Upvote 0
Why because your unhappy with the outcome? Its a real world test PC World is very reliable.

I don't care about the income at all. Testing in a fair coverage area with that kind of a test is not really a reliable test. Having used both phones I can tell you the battery life is no comparison. Every other review I have seen have also said the Charge has better battery life.

Upvote 0
Nope. Wouldn't switch. Not tempted. Not even one little bit. For what? I get good battery life, love the design and haven't had a single problem with it. And you can bet your ass you'll get more updates from htc than samsung. If you spend your time being tempted by other phones, you'll never be happy

Word.

Upvote 0
The Hummingbird and the SGX540 are both a bit more advanced than the 2nd gen Snapdragon and Adreno 205; any benchmark will show this. The Thunderbolt's only performance advantage is more RAM.

That said, one thing I like about the Thunderbolt that the Charge does not have is simultaneous 3G and voice. Calls and data at the same time isn't the only benefit this has. The one that I like is that you can be web browsing or downloading files over 3G and your data connection won't disappear/halt for a moment when you receive a text message.

hummingbird more advanced then the second generation Snapdragon? I don't think this is true. Thunderbolts only performance advantage is the Ram and the badassed 4g network backing the phone making it the fastest phone on the planet. Give the phone a little more credit, lets not mention the Thunderbolt is probably the best design and has the best quality build out of any phone currently out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones