1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Thunderbolt will be getting official CM9

1. matt0715

matt0715 Well-Known Member

One of phandroids recent posts had a Q & A session with cyanogenmod. In it they clarified that the thunderbolt will skip cm7 and go straight to cm9. Can't wait!

Advertisement
    Mayhem, ttran97, 3ricG and 1 other person like this.
  2. matt0715

matt0715 Well-Known Member

3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

No biggie. I got your back :D
    matt0715 likes this.
  4. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm really excited for this. I wasn't sure if it would get an official release, after trying to analyze the flowchart they released:D

I can't wait!
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

im pretty excited as well. i know what you mean.. i think i was more confused after reading the flowchart than i was before ;)
  6. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

I'm excited :) the tbolt has been such a great device and so well supported that I've passed on many devices and am just airtight on my upgrade. Its gonna take one hell of a phone to get me to stop switch :)
  7. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Finally! Haha. I am still on CM7.1 build. It will be nice to be getting official CM.
  8. Pred-a-tor

Pred-a-tor Well-Known Member

Am I a dipstick - or am I missing where CM8 comes after CM7? Probably a simple explanation and I'm just not up on the latest.
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Cm8 is reserved for honeycomb,but source has never been released. Now,with the similarities of ICS to HC,and the existance of cm9,I doubt well ever see any cm8 builds.
    Jelly Doughnut likes this.
  10. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

Any word when this will be available?
  11. slimjoe

slimjoe Well-Known Member

I stopped following the dev based development of ICS for this phone a while ago so I don't know if things have changed or not. But based on what I remember, the biggest hurdle right now is the lack of a functioning Radio Interface Layer (RIL) and without a working RIL, the phone will not have voice or data service. Basically, since the Thunderbolt has a unique 3G/4G radio combination, the devs have to either build the RIL from scratch or wait for it to be released in the official ICS update from HTC.

So with that, I'd say you can expect CM9 some point after HTC releases an ICS update for the Thunderbolt.
  12. street9009

street9009 New Member

Alrighty- so now that ICS for the Thunderbolt has been leaked from HTC, any idea when CM9 will come to it? :)