Ti backup problem? Empty backup/restore list?

Last Updated:

1. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know why I feel like it might be a conflict with apps organizer? I have the pay version, just got it, but my app list is empty. I can't back anything up or freeze anything.

Advertisement
  2. hortstu

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to back up my apps before I try a different ROM. Adding the manually was very time consuming.

3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

I prefer app brain. Just download from the market, sign in and it will sync all your apps. It will not sync the app data though... but its easy and has never given me any problems!

hortstu likes this.
  4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

appbrain is fine for market apps, but it won't catch anything you've sideloaded (unless there's a market link), and it takes much longer to download everything again. It's great as a precaution, though.

As far as titanium backup is concerned, make sure it has been grated su permissions (open the superuser app and make sure it's on the list). If so, you should try reinstalling busybox from within titanium backup. If it still doesn't work, press the "Problems?" button.

hortstu likes this.
  5. hortstu

Yeah I'm using appbrain. For some reason, even though I synced before rerooting, when I synced after the root I didn't get my apps back. I just changed the list. That was frustrating. Luckily I saved screen shots of everything so I knew what I was missing. My other concern is the data though.

Thanks AK, It asked me to verify the permission the first time. I gave it. I'll check in the super user app and try your other suggestions. Hopefully I'll have no reason to comeback here.

6. akazabam

That's technically what it's supposed to do. sync will always take what's on your phone and mirror it to your profile on the site. What you need to do is copy the list, first. To do that, go to your profile on the appbrain site. When you see your list of apps installed on your phone, select the link to select all. Then click the drop down for add to list. Select create new list, and all your app links will be copied to a new list. Then, when you sync, you still have the backup list.

7. hortstu

Apparently it was a busy box problem. I had "yes do it." 4x before the list was populated. Thanks.

8. akazabam

That's weird. Had you installed busybox before from a different source?

9. hortstu

I had it w/ the free version, but it didn't work then either.

10. akazabam

That's weird. I'm glad you got it working.

hortstu likes this.