TI backup/restore

Last Updated:

1. aladouce

aladouce Member This Topic's Starter

I was switching roms last night and something didn't go through correctly. I restored my nandroid backup and everything is somewhat back to normal. Ti backup force closes on startup although I still have root.

I don't really mind having to sbf, but my question deals with game progress. One game i have in mind is angry birds. Is there a way to save my game progress without using Ti backup. I used root explorer to navigate to:

/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds

and saved the contents of this folder to a folder on the root of my sdcard. Can I simply overwrite these files after an sbf and clean rom install and maintain my progress? Will this general procedure work for anything? If not, what is the difference between this and "restoring" from ti backup? Thanks for the help.

Alex

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

try uninstalling TB then reinstalling it.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Also, make sure that you have "debugging" checked in settings-apps-development

4. aladouce

aladouce Member This Topic's Starter

third time was a charm on the uninstall/reinstall. Does anyone know the answer to my last question? Does restoring from TB simply replace the files or does it have to go through a special process?

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

in titanium, hit settings>batch. in Batch operations restore what you want. I restore apps + data, not system apps. Then choose which one you want and boom you're restored!