1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

TI Backup schedules

Last Updated:

1. Soybomb

Soybomb Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 28, 2010
    So I just bought a titanium backup license and I'm looking at the schedules feature and am a little lost in the options. The choices are kind of vague.

Anyone have a recommended list of backup tasks to do? Is the upload to dropbox automated with any regularity or do I need to do that manually too?

Right now I'm thinking backup all system data every night. I'm assuming that will get all sms and everything else. Then maybe once a week backup all user apps + system data. Will this make sure I have the newest version of my apps? Or should I be using backup all new apps & newer versions? Not really sure what the difference is.

2. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I back up all user apps and system data nightly. I am a true believer in being unprepared.
  3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    That's what I do as well, at about 5 in the morning so it won't interfere with a late night out. It's what I did on my Palm, too, and it saved my back a few times.

Oh, and do yourself a favour and keep a number of backup sets, so you can go back a few versions -- for the occasions where you've updated an app and need a little time to determine that it's now worse than before. ;) I have a little list of apps that I don't want to update further (for instance, the last ad-free version of a free app, or the last version without excessive privileges (e.g. a compass that wants Internet access)).

Although, that is really "being prepared to being unprepared". :p