TiBu and SMS/MMS

Last Updated:

1. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep hearing about people restoring their txts and such with Tibu. If this is something that can be done.... how?
    Do you need the donate version?

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

No, you don't need the donate version. When you restore data that you backed up with TiBu you will get your texts back as well as your call log, though you usually have to reboot the phone before they are visible. I can't remember whether it is part of the data backup for the SMS app itself or if there is a separate area that it backs these up to, but if you restore all apps and data using TiBu, you will get them back.

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

and just FYI.. MyBackup Pro can also save the call log and mms/sms and restore them right back. Personally I think MyBackup handles this function better than TiBU

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

And personally SMS Backup and Restore (a free app, BTW) handles it *best*. Because it saves it in an /XML file on your SDCard that can be restored whenever you want, and you can store multiple files, like, say, one file for each month, so you can have access to *all* your SMS for the life of the phone, without having o have 5000 loaded into memory at any given moment....

See SMS Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain

5. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I found where TiBu will put back SMS/MMS. For anyone wondering the same its [SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage.
    I haven't used my backup pro but I hear nothing but good things about it.

SMS Backup and restore is a great free app, it just doesn't backup the MMS as well =(

6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly, [SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage is the right entry for SMS/MMS, but you'll very likely need to reboot before you see the restored messages. And FYI, [Contacts/Calls] Contacts Storage restores your call log.

7. clintiepoo

clintiepoo Well-Known Member

I'll put a plug in for SMS Backup+. It syncs your SMS messages with gmail, in the background, and you can restore them when you change your ROMs. I'm really happy with it.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]SMS Backup+
    by Jan Berkel
    50,000 downloads, 1884 ratings (4.6 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

MMS is still in beta and I can't get it to work. If it worked, this app would be 5 stars.

8. myko14

myko14 Well-Known Member

I use an app called LifeSaver2 that brings back SMS/MMS/and call log.