TiKLTips

1. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

I haven't been around this forum for a little bit but who here is using TiKL (Touch to Talk)? I have found this app to be outstanding and a must have. It basically turns your phone into a walkie talkie or a Nextel if you will. The person on the other end has to have the app installed as well, but it's great.

I also love how it uses data instead of airtime. So if you don't want to text and don't want to use airtime, it's a must have. I also prefer it to texting in a lot of instances because you can quickly just ask someone something without typing and all of that jazz. And best of all, it's free.

Here it is: TiKL - Touch To Talk (PTT) - Android app on AppBrain

Advertisement
  2. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

I like to use this app to yell curse words at my girlfriend while she is with friends or at work. TURN YOUR PHONE OFF WHEN YOU'RE BEING SOCIAL OR WORKING AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM! You'd figure after the 12th time or so that she'd just uninstall it...

LOL
  3. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

That's mean. Funny, but mean. :)
  4. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I have this app as well, but I haven't used it even once. Just about everyone I know has a wackberry. I only know one person with an Adnroid phone. Unfortunately, the app only works with the Android OS. Hopefully, they'll make this app available for other phones.
  5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Both phones needs to have android and this app installed, correct?
  6. AHanks12

Yeah both phones need to have the app installed and I'm pretty sure they also have to be Android phones. I don't think TiKL is available for any other operating systems. I know for sure it's not available on BB's.
  7. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

You are correct. I have a buddy at work who has an iPhone and the app is not available. Both phones need to have the app installed and both phones need to be android.
  8. billster2006

billster2006 Well-Known Member

i love this app it is sweet
    secretLOVER likes this.
  9. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for those using TiKL - the newest version has a DND feature, and the other way around getting TiKLed when you don't want to is by turning down your media volume.

TiKL is a great app that is still in its infancy stage. It's a great tool for communicating with people who don't have reception at their homes, but do have WiFi.
  10. bradm23

bradm23 Well-Known Member

how is this app with battery life. when I downloaded it, there was something about not letting the phone sleep. I love the app if its not going to rape my already short battery life
  11. AHanks12

I can't speak directly to the battery life question but I can say that it does constantly run in the background. Once installed, if you check your list of running apps, it will be in there until you force close it
  12. QMeli907

QMeli907 Member

Use this app all the time to mess with my buddy at work. He doesn't know how to turn it off. I use task killer to shut mine off. He doesn't, and therefore gets messed with :D
  13. bradm23

bradm23 Well-Known Member

I realized it ran in the background. any feedback on if it uses a lot of battery
  14. Reddman6988

Reddman6988 Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to get this program but I currently only know one person who has a android, and I really don't talk to him much. Guess I will have to wait for now :(
  15. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

Mine runs in the background. I kill it. It starts up again...grrr
  16. AHanks12

Yeah it runs in the background but has anyone done any tests to see how much more it drains the battery, (if at all)? Some programs will constantly run but don't really have much effect on the battery, i.e., photoshop mobile.
  17. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Been using this for a week + and dont notice ANY battery drain from it. Only problem is the app has a few bugs, but for the most part it kicks butt!
  18. jayhawkfan18

jayhawkfan18 Well-Known Member

+1 well said!
  19. rsambuca

rsambuca New Member

Does anyone know what port this app uses? Mine only works on wifi, so I assume it is because my carrier is blocking the port(s) required by TiKL.
  20. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Check the apps settings.
  21. MoneyMan

MoneyMan Member

This is a cool app, and it is available on the iPhone. I told an iPhone user about it the other day and he DLed and it worked just fine. Pretty cool...
    gidget likes this.
  22. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

whoa, i did not know it was available on iphone. you're saying you can use it then with anyone on an iphone, from you inc? if so, that is frickin' awesome.
  23. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

No way is this true? No way

Sent from a Cuban prison camp
  24. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

it's not. i just asked my iphone friend, and she can't find it.
  25. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member

does this work over 3G or only WIFI?