TiKLSupport

Last Updated:

1. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Was not sure where to post this, thought I would start here. I just downloaded and installed this app on my X last night and my wife's Incredible. Have not had time to mess around with it too much, but so far so good.

I'm curious as to what other Droid X users are experiencing with this app? Like severe battery drain etc? It does run in the background but hey, guess that's what memory is for right?

Also it does seem to need a LOT of permissions. Any thoughts on this as well?

If anyone has any tips or tricks for this app it would be cool. Its pretty basic from the looks of it, so I don't really know.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. rehpyc

rehpyc Well-Known Member

I've used both TiKL and HeyTell. I ended up with settling on HeyTell simply because many friends with iClones had used HeyTell mostly. The iClone version is a little more refined than its Android counterpart, but the Android version serves its purpose just fine. Whether you decide to go with TiKL or HeyTell.. both will drain your battery noticeably faster than you're use to, even without really even using the program to talk much and having it run in the background. It should also then go without saying that the more you use the program, the more the battery will drain since you're using a data connection to communicate to each other; you know using 3G drains the battery, much like navigation.

Trooper likes this.
  3. Trooper

Thanks a lot for the reply. I will try this out for a bit but thanks for the heads up on HeyTell. Never heard of it till just now.

Cheers!

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

installed tikl on my first dx - it would absolutely abuse the battery, and was #1 user of partial wake. I was somewhere in the 6-8 hours max between charges for the phone

uninstalled it, and that's when I started going a day and a half between charges

Trooper likes this.
  5. Trooper

I hear what youre saying man. I've noticed too much of a batter drain on our phones.

Uninstalled the app today. Thanks for your post.

6. internetzninja

internetzninja New Member

I installed TiKL on my Nexus S and it's draining 16% of the battery when the phone is idle (8h 45m of uptime since fully charged). I haven't even used TiKL yet, so that kind of battery drain is unacceptable. Needless to say I am currently uninstalling...