Time change troubleSupport

Last Updated:

1. JJEvo

JJEvo Member This Topic's Starter

Did anyone else experience time change troubles last night?

I woke up around 4:30 this morning (Sunday) and looked at my evo, which was in nightstand mode. It said Saturday Nov. 6, 2:30am.

When I went back to the home screen, the date was right, but it was still 2 hours behind. Same thing on my wife's Epic. We rebooted, and everything was fine.

Before rebooting, I looked at the clock settings, and I was in "get from network" but it also said Central Time (we're in Eastern). That was fixed on reboot.

Is this a Sprint or Android issue? Fortunately we didn't have to work this morning. I might set backup alarm clocks when we spring forward...

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, JJEvo.

The time change went correctly on my Verizon Fascinate, but not a friend's Sprint HTC Evo. Her device shows the Pacific time zone but she's in Central.

It appears to be a Sprint issue. I'd call their support line to be sure.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Nexus 1 on AT&T reporting in ... All systems normal. Adjustment to standard time successful.

4. pro450

pro450 New Member

Ditto. I'm on Sprint. My phone is an hour off. It shows Mountain and I'm in Central. For now I unchecked the "automatic, use network provided values" option.

update: rebooting also fixed the problem for me.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

ive been with sprint for 10 years, and have problems EVERY time change. It usually requires a reboot to accept the time change. And usually the day after the time change, I have network problems with calling and texting.

But, I got my Evo a few months ago, and this is the first time in 10 years that I had no problems.