time controled data appTips

Last Updated:

1. mailroomman

mailroomman Well-Known Member

hi all
    would anyone know if there is is an app around that can turn on and off data on different time intervals like some kind of timer ? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Tasker would probably do it. It's hardish to get to grips with at first, but once you master it, it's an awesome app.

I would recommend installing directly from the manufacturers website as opposed to the market. With the market version you get a 15 minute trial, but via the devs website, you get 7 days. 15 mins is no where near long enough to play about with it. If you do decide to buy, it's also cheaper via the website too.

I'd recommend doing some reading before you get into it though as it's not really an app that you could get the most out of in a quick 15 minute play around.

Alternatively, I've had a quick scan and this might also do what you want it to?
    mailroomman likes this.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I use juice defender, during the day it turns on my WiFi or 3G for 1 minute every 15 minutes when the screen is off.

The free version can't toggle WiFi though, which is worth bearing in mind.
    mailroomman likes this.
  4. mailroomman

mailroomman Well-Known Member

Thanks guys as always ask at the forums and Ye shall be told LOL
  5. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

Green power also turns data on for 1 minute every 15. The free version also controls WiFi
    mailroomman likes this.
  6. stuarta

stuarta Well-Known Member

I second Tasker, great powerful app, and if you get it from the Dev it's cheaper than the market
    mailroomman likes this.