Time doesn't pass (on my phone) in Standby modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. pat965

pat965 New Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 8, 2010

Rogers recently released a firmware upgrade/fix for phones, which apparently fixed some 911 dialing issues. My phone was never rooted or anything, as far as I could tell the rooting process for the HTC Dream (not G1) was riskier and more complicated, so I never did it.

However, now when my phone goes into standby mode, about half the time - the time does not update. Not sure exactly what else stops working. This means, when the phone goes into standby at 4PM, if I turn it back on at 11PM, it'll show 4PM, then update to 11PM about a second later.

This means my alarm clock doesn't work until I "update" the time - which defeats the purpose. It also means locale doesn't work either until I turn on my phone. (It also means locale won't disable things, so sometimes my phone remains on silent, etc). It's fairly frustrating.

Does anyone know anything about this, and how to solve it?

EDIT: Solved it I think, when I updated all my settings were reset. Under "Date and Time" in the settings, "Automatic" was enabled, which basically updates my clock from the network. So, I disabled that, and it seems things are working fine.