1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Time filter call blocking app exist??

Last Updated:

1. Sushi2006

Sushi2006 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm new here and have been wondering whether there is an app out on the market that blocks phone calls at certain periods of time throughout the day! Such as at night time, I get obnoxious calls that wake me up! Or while I'm in class... Is there such an app that blocks phone calls from like 12AM to 7AM. I've been googling like crazy and I can only find apps that block certain phone numbers. Please help! Thank you very much...

Advertisement
  2. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

How about just using airplane mode when you go to sleep or class? That is already in the phone.

3. re410

re410 Member

Take a look at Settings Profiles. You set profiles by time, location, battery, etc. I used it to mute the phone ringing while at work. I have a 'power saver' profile which turns off blue tooth, gps, sync, etc. while I'm a sleep.

4. ToyDroid

ToyDroid New Member

I too initially looked for a FREE app that would do just that. I ran into SilentMode OnOff, and I love it. Put a shortcut in my Home screen and now I can switch instantly with a quick push. You may want to give it a try:

SilentMode OnOff for Android - Tools

I installed through the Marketplace.

5. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

Google Voice!, you can time block calls via the Google Voice website

6. Sushi2006

Sushi2006 New Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, thank you so much for the replies guys, truly helpful! I'm going to try all these apps out now.. Thanks again :)

7. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

I have an HTC Hero and the airplane mode widget is already in the phone. Just long press on the screen, push HTC widget,push settings and airplane mode and there you have it. If you have a Hero anyway. Save you some space on your phone from a download you don't need to download something else that you do need. :+)

8. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

9. Nagarajujaladi

Nagarajujaladi New Member

Hi Iam looking for an app to call some specific calls during some time.Not all the calls.Please suggest is there any app to allow some specific calls during some specific time.
    Ex : I would like to block calls if it is coming from 9999999 in this time : 12pm-3pm.IF same call is coming in other time i should receive that call.
    Thanks for any help.

10. Alien Genius

Alien Genius New Member

Wow... nice boost... 6 years old this was... Where did he even FIND this post? Android beta forum from version 0.1?

11. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Welcome to Android Forums.

You could likely create a Tasker profile to do this for specific number(s). See Tasker sub-forum to this forum.

... Thom