Time for a change of ROM?!?

Last Updated:

1. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I guess it may be fixed for one sensor and not the other? My phone has an Omnivision sensor. Is your a Samsung or Omnivision model?

Advertisement
    D-U-R-X and scotty85 like this.
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

here is something else i am learing from you! how do you tell what sensor you have?
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Not sure what Ral uses, but Elixir does the job for me.

What else is borked in Ice Cold Sandwich 8.6.1? Is it stable enough to be used by someone who generally panics when one of her widgets or her dock moves to a different homescreen (Eg Mrs Presidente). She was messing about with my phone this morning and liked Jellybean so I told her I'd see what the stablest, newest OS there was for her DHD and I'd give it a flash over the weekend.

Random FC's and the general weirdness you normally get when a ROM is in Alpha/beta, I can put up with, but I know she wouldn't be able to.

Is Ice Cold Sandwich stable enough? The Video recording thing is ok, she rarely uses that. As long as Tune In, youtube and talk worked, she'd be happy.
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Tune In and YouTube both work for me, just battery life doesn't seem as good as it did on earlier versions of the ROM. Gonna try a JB ROM out in a couple of days. Sure I read that there's (at least) one that is stable enough to be a daily! :)
    El Presidente likes this.
  5. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I use my favorite tool, Root Explorer (used Explorer even before I was rooted just to take a look). Just browse to:

/sys/android_camera/sensor

Not much if I recall. Chrome does not work perfectly, but better than 8.5. 720p video works... but I do not think it is at 30 fps. I do not remember any other issues. Only kept the ROM for three days, but not because of any issues. I just missed Sense.
    El Presidente likes this.
  6. Mehta23

Mehta23 Well-Known Member

Dl's Jelly Time. Gonna make backups and flash it tomorow.

As for ICS 8.6.1, I've found the wifi doesn't always work (may be hardware) garbled text still appears, lag, camera is 8mp I think but small.
  7. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Link to Dl's Jelly Time please :)
  8. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Works fine for me. Only seen garbled text once - just restart the launcher. No lag now - download SuperSU to replace superuser and all is fine. Mine runs at 1380Mhz with no problems.

Wifi signal levels look low on the bars but it always seems to work.

Dave
  9. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I was using SuperSU too. Thanks to @scotty85 I now flash it with all my new ROM's.

Flash ROM
    Flash SuperSu
    Flash Titanium Backup

One you have the flying Android with a cape in your drawer, how can you go wrong.
  10. Mehta23

Meant to say I DL'd it (downloaded )
  11. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I thought these was another version :)
  12. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Jellytime R7.2 is out now plus I find this to be better than any ICS rom.
    ral likes this.
  13. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooooooo!

Downloading.
  14. ral

ral Well-Known Member

By the way, do you guys have the md5sum for JT 7.2?
  15. Mehta23

I just installed RC7.1....
    >:-(

Is there anyway to get a pattern lock to only come on after the phone has been locked for X minutes.?

Can I flash 7.2 without wiping?
  16. BrutalUK

6f894dd021da636992ad3c89f2e6a4c3
    ral likes this.
  17. Mehta23

How to get Google now on jelly time ?
  18. BrutalUK

19. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Not used it, but Mehta's referring to Google Now
  20. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Was reading the JellyTime thread over at XDA. Seems awfully buggy from what I read. How are you guys doing?
  21. Mehta23

Jelly time is looking good.

Google now = updated Google search.

And it's pretty good! Gonna show off tomorow at school to all the apple fanboys / not-rooters :-D

Anyone else not getting a location via mobile network? Keeps saying to enable Google location....

Can I flash v7.2 without wiping?
  22. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Some guys at XDA have reported success with dirty flashes from R7 to R7.1 to R7.2. Still, no guarantees.

Looks like the next Blackout ICS update is at least several weeks off... Might as well pass the time with a few JellyBeans.
  23. ral

ral Well-Known Member

The "discussions" at XDA have gotten so lively I could not resist...

...nice boot animation.
  24. Mehta23

Dirty flash?

What about a down animation, is there just not one there?
  25. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Dirty flash? Me...

No, was on first boot when I posted. Nice ROM... camcorder of toasted though.