Time for a change?

Last Updated:

1. Droid808

Droid808 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am a current iphone 4 user, and I love the phone. However, I HATE THE $115 a month ! I have been looking at a replacement phone, and it seems the HTC HERO is my best bet. I can get the phone for $.01 at Amazon.com: HTC Hero Android Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Service and the simply everything plan at $70 a month for everything will save me at LEAST $30 a month... and includes UNLIMITED TEXT! I am sure I can sell my iphone 4 for $575 on craigslist, its still under warranty and is in new condition.

I had a blackberry curve 8330 on sprint and loved it, but that was before they dropped the simply everything plan to $70!

I am looking to save $$$ but have more FEATURES I USE by switching back to sprint....

Suggestions?

I do NOT buy music , so I have no need for itunes on my phone...
    I do NOT buy apps, so the PAID apps are worthless to me...
    I DO surf the internet a LOT...
    I DO send a lot of text messages...
    I DO use im clients like yahoo messenger...
    and finally I DO use twitter a TON and facebook also...

Is the $.01 Sprint Hero worth it or should I stick with iphone...

Please give me your feedback (and not apple hating please, I LOVE apple, hate the AT&T plans!)

Aloha from Sunny and beautiful Hawaii!

Advertisement
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Well I would suggest the HTC evo or Samsung epic but don't know if screen size or physical keyboard is a issue for you.go to a Sprint store and check out the phones first hand before you decide.the hero is already a year old.

3. Onemoa

Onemoa Well-Known Member

I would look into the Vibrant, I love this phone I have had it for about 3 weeks and swype is really cool a very fast way to text and the screen Super AMOLED is just not beatable its a very fast phone and I have not had any probs with it, Every phone seems to have a downside and I guess you can say that the Galaxy S has the GPS issues but should be fixed by the end of this month or "soon" whenever that is.. but yeah I had a iphone for a while and I just didnt like it and now the iphone 4 with its dropped calls, its just not that great of a phone. anyway you can pretty much get a Galaxy S phone from any of the major carriers so check em out.. its hard not to like them, lol...

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I can't really suggest a specific phone but I'd also recommend not getting the Hero as it is an older device.

5. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

I could not agree more.

My Galaxy S, now two months old, has been simply fantastic. The killer app is Swype, a revolutionary new input method that has completely changed my opinion of touchscreen keyboards. It's fast fun & accurate. It's enhanced my enjoyment of entering text immensely.

6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

If you are looking at $.01 Sprint Hero, and all that you listed is what you need for now? The Hero is just fine, Epic and Evo have the $10 a month extra charge a month. If your interested, you can root the Hero and enjoy froyo also. CM6 is a quite stable now.