time seems to be offSupport

Last Updated:

1. tha5150

tha5150 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i received a text this morning from someone at 4am. i gave them a hard time and said they sent it at 830am and not 4... looked at my emails and were just receiving ones sent at 330am that were sent the day before... something is defiantly going on. this is an exchange account and i know there is issues with this that were supposed to be fixed. but the text at the wrong time, plus the emails... i am thinking something else is wrong..

what should i do?

Advertisement
  2. tha5150

bumpidy bump

3. landale

landale Well-Known Member

This is a known issue with 2.2 on the Droid X. There are a million other threads on it but the easiest way to fix it for now is to download SMS Time Fix from the market and check the box to use your phones time to time stamp your incoming texts.

4. tha5150

does this SMS Time Fix work for emails too or is there another app for this?

5. landale

This is just for SMS. Check in battery manager if your phone is using night time profile. It's possible your phone is turning off data overnight so none of your emails are downloading until much later then they should. That's the only thing I can think of for emails as I haven't had any issues other then with SMS timestamps.

6. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Would this app change the order of the texts as well? I have wrong times in my LPP messaging widget. In the stock SMS for the X the times are correct, but the order in which they appear are out of whack.

E.G. Text comes in at 10:03AM from contact 1, fine. Text comes in at 10:05 am from contact 2.

Newest text goes to the bottom of the list vs. the top, however the time stamp is correct. Make sense?

Not sure if this app will fix that though, may have to wait for the fix from Motorola.

7. tha5150

If I we're to root and install a custom ROM, would I still have these problems with time on email and text? My email time problem might be my data being turned off at night though. I still don't see how when it refreshes my data at say 7am that it wont be able to know when the email was sent. Know what I mean? Not all the emails will say 7am. They show 4am or something. I recevied an email from work"exchange 2002" at 4am that was sent at 530pm the previous evening.

I know these are known issues with exchange but still.

8. landale

There are some Exchange issues but if you are using Exchange 2002 then you won't have any luck getting it to work correctly with the stock client. The stock client is only meant to support Exchange 2003 SP2 or later, anything earlier then that is not officially supported and therefore is expected to have bugs. Now of course it doesn't work all that well even with the versions they claim to support either. You are probably better off getting Touchdown from the market. I actually use the app Improved Email from the market which is free and works much better then the stock client, it's actually based on the stock client from the Nexus One so it basically works like it's supposed to.