time stampSupport

Last Updated: 2012-12-01 17:47:30
  1. ThisIsGoofy

ThisIsGoofy Active Member

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple. I'd like to see the time that messages were sent to me but it's always shown as the time I turn on my phone instead. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

Go into messaging -> settings -> scroll down and choose full time stamps.
  3. ThisIsGoofy

ThisIsGoofy Active Member

Hmmm...not seeing "full time stamps"
  4. Phatninja55

I'm not on stock atm, but when I go back later today i'll check and post back.\
    xD I forgot to do it today, but most likely I'll be going back to stock tomorrow afternoon to do some more testing... So i'll try to remember tomorrow.
  5. Phatninja55

There is no option for full timestamp on stock mms app, Maybe try and find another mms app on google play.
  6. spayced

spayced Active Member

I'm trying to understand what you are looking for. You keep your phone off normally, then turn it on to check messages?

As far as I know there is no part of sms that has when a message was sent by the other person. So your phone can know when it was received by you. And their phone can know when they sent it, but that information is not included with the message.
  7. Phatninja55

He want's the full time stamp. As in when he received it, with date + time not just time.
  8. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

He wants to be able to see the time the person actually sent the sms, not when he received it. That option is not available on stock or any of the custom roms we have at the moment.
  9. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Yea the stock OV is lacking in this, I went from a java Loft to my OV and that is the only thing I missed. It gave a correct time stamp for when the message was sent, not when it got it.