time stampsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Slewman

Slewman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ive noticed a couple things since getting my eris a few weeks ago.

1. that once the day is over, all the text messages i received that day lose their timestamp, and simply just say "yesterday"... which sucks

2. that my call log does not have timestamps... which sucks even more...

what gives? anyway to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I don't use the stock SMS app anymore but ChompsSMS but it is probably similar. When I long press on the actual text message, it gives an option to view the details which has all that information. Remember: when in doubt...long press.

3. Slewman

Slewman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

oh ive tried that... all it does is tell me the text came "yesterday"

4. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

yeah I just tried it under the stock message app, you are correct. Maybe switch to using ChompsSMS or Handcent. I know Chomps gives you the details.

5. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

chomp sms + sms popup = sms win!

6. ninjasenses

ninjasenses Active Member

does chomps cost money?

7. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

You can find the timestamps (for calls) and call duration another way (but only if the party on the other end is in your contacts):

People -> (press Icon that looks like a phone & piece of paper) -> scroll and find the conversation, and press the icon on the right ... which looks like a phone and a piece of paper).

Alternatively, if you pull up a Contact, you can find that same info - you have to scroll the little grey bar at the bottom of contact page to find that same "phone & page" icon.

I'll have to agree with you, though - I could completely live without that "Yesterday, 2 days ago, 3 days ago" nonsense. What's really perverse is that if you look back at the call log, it stops doing that for calls older than 7 days ago... and displays the date (the way it should be) in Day-of-Week, Month Day, Year format.

Go figure.

HTH

eu1

8. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

only if you want to send texts thru their service and not verizons. but theres an option to turn that off and everything about it is free. i like chomp a lot, but i need sms popup with it. i would have liked handcent, but it didnt work for me.