• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time to charge my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Note

Yes it's the original chargerand I am sure it didn't use to take so long. May be I'll try my phone charger but I think the power output is a little higher.

Wouldn't try this, the tablet need a 2A charger.

Did you see a red x above the charging icon while charging?

You might measure the charging amperage with a battery monitor like Battery Monitor Widget, shows you even the amperage as graph by time.
Starting charging with a low percentage should show a charging amperage above 1A when the tablet is charging properly.

Harry

Upvote 0
A red cross in the charging icon indicates that it is detecting that it is connected to a non-compatible charging source.
It determines the source by measuring the float voltage on the data pins.
Are you using the original cable that came with the charger? some 'charger' cables don't supply data pins or they break in the cable, causing your legit charger to look like a USB port.
Try a different cable, or try charging with your tablet switched off (bypasses the charger test)

Upvote 0
Just tried using my Samsjng Galaxy S3 phone charger with the lead and no red cross. So I guess the charger itself has gone faulty. The S3 charger is only rated at 0.5 amp so will still take a while. Still the tablet and charger are less than 6 months old and under guarantee so hopefjlly I should get a replacement for free. Thanks for the help. Bill.

Upvote 0
Just tried using my Samsjng Galaxy S3 phone charger with the lead and no red cross. So I guess the charger itself has gone faulty. The S3 charger is only rated at 0.5 amp so will still take a while. Still the tablet and charger are less than 6 months old and under guarantee so hopefjlly I should get a replacement for free. Thanks for the help. Bill.

S3's charger is definitely more than 0.5 A

Upvote 0
You sure that you have not just dislodged the usb connector in the samsung charger. It comes with such a rediculas short lead that mine often gets dislodged! Also check the charger itself as like the tablet every surface has the protective film on it and there is also some on the charger it's self this stopped mine from charging until found!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones