• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Time to MOVE FORWARD......$39 Huawei Tribute Y536A1 Quadcore

captain77450

May 16, 2013
Well, I still have and like my Fusion but today I bought $39 Huawei Tribute Y536A1 that is available at Walmart right now. Is a QUADCORE 1.2 Ghz 4.5" Android 4.4 ROCKET compared to the Fusion!! (looks like a Fusion on steroids) Better 5MP rear and 2MP front camera WITH FLASH. 2000 mah REMOVABLE battery. Now, on to the rooting!! This thing does Antutu benchmark at > 18000.

Last edited:
Just tried towelroot and it failed. Kingo root also failed.
Did you make sure to set "allow installation of non Google Play apps", from the Security settings, using the Unknown Sources setting? BEFORE running Towelroot?

Update: I tried Kingo and it failed. After researching Kingo, it maybe a bad thing that collects your data?

Another user stated:"tried kingo, vroot, framaroot, towelroot, sigmabox", no joy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently since August 2013, ATT does not allow phones with unlocked bootloaders on their network. So if you want to use this phone ON THE ATT NETWORK be aware.

Has ANYONE used an unlocked bootloader phone on ATT? Please replay.

androidandme(dot)com/2013/08/carriers/att-says-it-will-not-support-unlocked-bootloaders-once-and-for-all/

Upvote 0
Over at XDA they posted that they finally have a CWM Recovery & Root for the Y550 (which as it has been noted is very similar to the Y536a1). Cannot guarantee it will work on the Y536a1, but seeing how they are very VERY similar it may be worth a shot! All you need to get started is an Unlocked Bootloader (which is readily available by e-mailing Huawei). I would try it on the Y536a1 I bought for my Mom, but it's her daily driver and if it doesn't work I'll never hear the end of it... LINK FOR THE BRAVE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57359697&postcount=13

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Trying UnlockRoot Pro v 3.36 now on my Huawei A536A1 with Android 4.4.3 now .......and...waiting........URPJWYFIKEHMXUDZWSDC.........

userscloud.com/aiuh0449ox7u
  1. First download the software and then install it
  2. After installed open OneClickROOT.exe and Copy/Paste serial that is given below
  3. Connect your phone to PC and set *USB DEBBUGING* mode
  4. After the Phone is identified click on Root and wait few secs.
(NOTE IF IT GETS STUCK INSTALL ADB DRIVERS GIVEN AT BOTTOM)

userscloud.com/vzc42rwqaqxo

........Root FAILED..wait til next upgrade

So I got ONECLICK PRO v 4.12 and.............waited

........Root FAILED..wait til next upgrade

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Attachments

• root.jpg
    root.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0
Get adb drivers. Find and download bootloader image. You have to email Huawei and ask for code to unlock bootloader. Then download hisuite on your computer. Make sure your developer options are on and you have usb debugging checked. Plug in phone and push power and volume down button and hold. I'll send Huawei email info.

Upvote 0
Get adb drivers. Find and download bootloader image. You have to email Huawei and ask for code to unlock bootloader. Then download hisuite on your computer. Make sure your developer options are on and you have usb debugging checked. Plug in phone and push power and volume down button and hold. I'll send Huawei email info.

mobile@mail01.huawei.com
In subject ask for unlock code for bootloader. In message put following information: Serial #, IMEI#, Product ID, and model. It sometimes takes a few days to get reply back. ******make sure to backup all files and download a stock or custom Rom to sd card before u start the root process!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones